Business Development Lead (Navy/OSD Market)
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Business Development Lead (Navy/OSD Market)
Works directly for the Corporate Business Development Vice President and assigned to Navy-OSD Market Team to lead capture and bid strategies, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategies for support contracts for DoD customers. Identify opportunities and manage the transition from opportunity discovery to the proposal process where the opportunity is closed/won. Collaborate with the Market Team on development of Market strategy; with Client Partner and Proposal Lead on prioritization of pursuits; and the Proposal Lead on development of proposals.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather, assess, and validate customer requirements — identify related needs and constraints that impact winning solutions
- Grow Market to support current year budget and out year growth goals
- Lead capture efforts to aid proposal development and increase Probability of Win
- Support proposal development and/or color reviews
- Manage the market pipeline
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors Degree
- Able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance
- Minimum 10 years experience as part of successful business development or program capture for DoD knowledge-based services support contracts.
- Business development (BD) and capture experience for Navy and OSD contracts.
- Proposal writing experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work within teams and across matrix organizations.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior Navy officer experience (Surface Warfare Officer preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or related field of study
- Active Secret Clearance at Commander Navy Installations Command (CNIC), Defense Security Service (DSS), and/or other DoD Fourth Estate experience a plus
WORK LOCATION: Reston, VA
KEY WORDS:Business development; capture experience; bid strategies, pricing and teaming; proposals; DoD; Navy business development
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.