CNC Lathe Machinist/ Swiss
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Traverse City, Michigan
$500.00 signing bonus!
This position is responsible for running a Swiss style Citizen Lathe to machine steel parts to Customer specifications.
- Properly read process sheets, blueprints, and sketches.
- Mount part between centers, in chuck, or to faceplate.
- Know how to use and select the tooling required for each job.
- Inspects first piece and spot check other pieces for conformance to specifications.
- Follow weekly schedule to turn jobs to meet shipping deadlines.
- Maintain machine maintenance and cleanliness, fill out proper checklists.
This position could evolve to include new part development, programming and modeling in Esprit, and leadership opportunities.
The ideal candidate to join the Century team will possess the following:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to follow directions written or verbal.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Be detail oriented.
- High level of integrity.
Come join a team of hardworking and dedicated individuals. Century can provide you will a lifelong career and advancement opportunities!
Century Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are required to pass physical, background and drug testing prior to employment.