District Sales Representative
Job category: Sales
Job Type: Full Time
We are currently looking for a District Sales Representative to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career. Apply Now and Join Our Team!
***This position is for vacation relief and is located in the Spokane, WA, and surrounding areas. A route will not be assigned for up to 1 year, or earlier, based on business needs.***
- Build a consultant relationship with customers by offering proactive ideas and solutions enhancing their competitive edge.
- Diligently prospects for new customers, cold calls and makes effective sales presentations utilizing the FSA sales model to grow the territory.
- Increases territory sales revenue and gross profit by acquiring new customers and growing existing accounts.
- Achieves monthly sales and gross profit targets including FSA Brand goals consistently.
- Coordinate and guide a team of experts that specialize in products and/or services and deliver a tailored approach for the customer.
- Use industry metrics to perform effective customer business reviews strengthening customer relationships.
- Deliver timely critical information for procurement and delivery needs to customers.
- Work with inside customer sales representatives to maintain account activities.
- Responsibly consider inventory levels on both stock and non-stock products to assure minimal shortages.
- Utilize CRM to facilitate customer and internal communications and analyze data.
- Assume responsibility for collections of monies on all product sold.
- Read trade publications; attend trade shows, seminars, vendor demonstrations, and meetings.
- Minimum requirement of a high school diploma, bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred.
- 2 years sales experience and/or restaurant equivalent preferred.
- Successful track record in building a sales territory and/or demonstrate a high sales aptitude.
- Ability to confidently close the sale.
- General inventory / operations / culinary knowledge (dining establishments) preferred.
- Professional appearance is required.
- Excellent communication, analytical and computation skills.
- Computer literate and willing to embrace new technology.
- Safe driving record, valid driver’s license and dependable transportation with valid insurance.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to pass background investigation and drug test.
Food Services of America offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status