Documentation Control Center Specialist
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Strength Team Engineering Manager, the Documentation Control Center (DCC) Specialist is responsible for the creation, maintenance, organization and improvement of technical related documentation and training materials. Documentation will include working with engineering on parts lists, exploded diagrams, and Engineering Changes as well as any other necessary technical support and NPD related documents. Other duties will include working with Quality Control (QC), Customer Tech Support (CS), and other factory teams to help gather necessary information for documentation, ERP/PLM system management and helping to implement training procedures.
- Develop and maintain SOP documentation for DCC duties
- Manage implementation of documentation and systems related to creation of documentation for the JHTNA-M Team
- Hold regular international meetings to keep team members on schedule for completing projects in a timely fashion
- Maintain and record tracking information for progress and resource allocation regarding the DCC team
Research and Development:
- Keep up to date on the latest products for all three brand companies. Keep up to date on software systems.
- Research documentation standards and methods to keep the company producing documents at a level that meets or beats industry standards.
Document Control Center:
- Coordinate efforts with factory teams to update documentation information.
- Proofread, correct, and suggest improvements for Exploded diagrams and service Bills of Materials.
- Help create materials to train DCC personnel.
- Assist engineering with new product development as it relates to technical support and documentation.
- Meet all project milestones and deadlines
- Assist with NPD project tracking and milestone recording (weekly and monthly)
- Publish Product Plan monthly update (recording information and submitting to team)
- NPD weekly report submission
- KPI Measurement tracking for NPD (On-Time and Cost) vs SOP
- Assignments are broad in nature requiring creativity and ingenuity
- Works under minimal supervision
- Create standard documentation instructions and procedures for other team members to follow
Maintain Work Practices:
- Maintain work area to 5S standards as posted in work area
- Promote a positive team atmosphere with co-workers
- Promote continuous improvement integration into daily processes and team culture.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Other projects as needed
- 2 or 4 year degree in a technical or communication related field
- 4 years minimum, in a technical related field, preferable fitness related
- Experience with writing and designing technical documents
- Experience developing and recording solutions to technical problems
- Experience organizing and managing production schedules for documentation
- Experience implementing and improving product management systems
- Familiarity with ERP, PLM and similar systems
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft office products; Word, Excel and Outlook in particular
- Ability to self teach and or learn new software programs that may improve documentation procedures
- Ability and willingness to travel both internationally and domestically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with numerous diverse groups and individuals
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguous and often changing environment
- Ability to present materials effectively in a training environment
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
- Able to set goals and timelines
- Familiarity with processes related to the creation of technical documents.
- Familiarity with NPD and ECR processes to help integrate documentation into those systems smoothly
- Familiarity with ERP (CAD/EPDM) and PLM to manage documentation flow from Engineering to the factory teams.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and 8D/Six Sigma methodologies
- Familiarity with Confluence / Atlassian Products.
- Knowledge of computer assisted graphics and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in applying basic engineering principles and practices
- Able to draw solutions from a wide range of experience
- Proficient at solving problems in a timely manner
- Stays current in new developments in the industry
- Suggests ideas for product technical improvements
- Understands the environment that products are used in, the people who purchase the product, and the people who use the product
- Understands how customers interface with products
- Understands basic fitness knowledge
- Develops own projects and follow through
- Achieves high % of development target dates
- Welcomes new challenges
- Able to maintain positive attitude under stress
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs