Electrical Project Engineer III
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Are you looking to advance your career to coordinate electrical and software development projects?
Do you like a dynamic environment, a challenge, and the opportunity to lead?
Do you like being on the front-end of development?
Do you want to do product development on a global stage and work across continents?
If you have said yes, then this is a unique opportunity for you with one of the worlds leading fitness equipment manufacturers!
The Electrical Project Engineer will work in the Electrical Project Engineering team as a liaison and engineering lead between Product Managers, North American Mechanical Engineers, Business Units and the Global Electrical Engineering Team. The project engineer will focus on management of multiple projects through Johnsons Key Component, Digital Product, and New Product Development processes including schedule, cost, specification, electrical system and hardware design, software development, and communication management. This is a highly visible position within the company and requires a passionate and motivated individual to drive both product improvement and excellence throughout the product development process. This is a non-supervisory position.
- Serve as communication lead between Electrical Engineering in North America and Electrical Engineering in Asia
- Serve as a technical resource and provide design feedback and troubleshooting help
- Manage task tracking and schedule between North America and Asia teams
- Lead and participate in design reviews as part of the Key Component and New Product Development processes
- Performs technical analysis of designs and prototype testing
- Translate marketing requirements into actionable technical tasks for the R&D team
- International travel: Approximately 2 to 4 trips to overseas facilities in Taiwan and/or China
- Regular communication with overseas teams outside of regular office hours
- A bachelor’s degree from an ABET-accredited institution in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in electrical engineering projects
- Experience in Technical project management
- Advanced technical troubleshooting experience
- Design experience
- o Minimum 4 years of design experience with embedded hardware design
- Experience with PCB layout
- Experience with EMC/EMI requirements and mitigation techniques
- Experience with motor control or control theory
- Well-rounded engineering experience including; analog and digital hardware design, embedded controllers, motor control, digital communications, and system connectivity
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, able to work independently or on a team
- Willing collaborator, flexible work approach, looking for ways to improve self and processes
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of co-workers, customers and vendors
- Skilled in planning, organizing resources, and establishing priorities for work assignments for optimum results
- Able to handle multiple projects
- Able to effectively present ideas and information through excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Always ready to get their hands dirty
- No-compromise attitude in achieving targets
- Great demeanor, ability to have fun, and has interest in building a strong culture and high performing team.
- Contributes to a positive working environment
- Likes to be challenged
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs