Job category: Electrical
Job Type: Full Time
Non-exempt position responsible for performing maintenance and repairs of plant electrical equipment, instrumentation and controls.
Works under general supervision to perform varying tasks such as:
• Utilize electrical skills to ensure safe and efficient plant operation.
• Inspect, maintain, repair and overhaul electrical and electromechanical equipment.
• Install new electrical and electronic equipment and electrical wiring.
• Maintain and repair electrical and electronic systems for facilities and equipment.
• Install and maintain process control instrumentation systems and devices (Q1 & non-Q1).
• Lead assignments for other electricians.
• Define material requirements for assigned tasks and arrange procurement.
• Train apprentice-level electricians in electrical discipline.
• Demonstrate adequate mechanical knowledge.
• Perform preventive/corrective maintenance.
• Operate lifting equipment (i.e., lift truck, pallet mover, etc.).
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environmental regulations in addition to company policies and procedures.
• Employ good housekeeping skills throughout the facility.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Continuous field/facility work required where there is potential for exposure to radiation, noise, dust and hot and cold temperatures. Climbing, walking and lifting will be normal daily requirements.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
• Journeyman-level knowledge and experience in electrical trade.
• Skills in Computer Aided Design (CAD) software and Microsoft Office software preferred.
• Ability to work from equipment manuals, blueprints, shop drawings and sketches with little direction.
• Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations.
• Knowledge of electronic technology; including theory, application and operation of complex equipment.
• Experience in general maintenance and mechanical trade.