Full Time Billing and Follow-up Representative
Job category: Financial
Job Type: Full Time
Warbird Consulting Partners is seeking a FULL TIME PERMANENT Billing and Follow-up Representative to perform day-to-day billing and follow-up activities within the revenue operations for an assigned Patient Business Services (PBS) or CBO location. This role serves as a member of the billing and follow-up team for either government or non-government accounts. This role can provide leadership and training/guidance to other colleagues and provide problem resolution as needed.
Key Responsibilities; but not limited to:
- Performs daily activities as part of the billing and follow-up team in support of the revenue cycle process for an assigned location
- Documents claims billed, paid, settled, and follow-up in appropriate system(s)
- Identifies and escalates issues affecting accurate billing and follow-up activities
- Adheres to proactive practices which include contacting the payer directly for payment due on accounts and reviewing and responding to all mail correspondence in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicates with appropriate hospital departments to clarify billing discrepancies and obtains demographic, clinical, financial, and insurance information
- Performs all routine follow-up functions which includes the investigation of over payments, underpayments, credit balances and payment delays. Tasks will be routed to the correct workflows with the objective of maximizing reimbursement for services rendered and ensuring claims are paid or settled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Researches claim rejections, make corrections, take corrective actions, and/or refer claims to appropriate colleagues to ensure timely and accurate claim resolution
Performs day-to-day billing and follow-up activities within the revenue operations of an assigned Patient Business Services (PBS) location. Serves as a member of the billing and follow-up team at a PBS location responsible for billing and follow-up of government and non-government accounts. The position reports directly to the Supervisor Billing and Follow-up.
May prepare special reports as directed by the Supervisor Billing and Follow-Up to document follow-up services, e.g., number of claims and dollars billed, claims edited, claims unprocessed, etc.
Proactively follow up on delayed payments by contacting patients and third-party payers determining the cause for delay and supplying additional data as required
Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health’s Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior
Qualifications & Experience
- HIGH SCHOOL diploma required and 1 – 3 years of experience and relevant knowledge of revenue cycle functions in a hospital or clinic environment, a health insurance company, managed care organization, or other health care financial service setting
- Experience performing medical claims processing, financial counseling, financial clearance, accounting or customer service activities
- Basic understanding on Microsoft Office; including Outlook, Excel, and Word/Power Point
- Ability to work independently and attentive to details
This position is a FULL TIME PERMANENT opportunity within a large health system. Only serious candidates in the Michigan or Ohio areas should apply.
Warbird is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. E-Verify – Warbird participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. INDS