Interim Manager of Coding and Charge Recapture
Job category: Health Care
Job Type: Temporary
The Manager, Coding & Charge Capture is responsible for professionally and successfully leading Coding and Charge Capture teams to maximize productivity and performance expectations. The position has direct oversight and accountability for the management of inventory, workload balance, staff development and mentoring, and quality assurance.
- YOU have overall responsibility for all staff within the Department and directly supervises the Department Supervisors and staff with training responsibilities.
- YOU are responsible for ensuring that every team member is effectively, efficiently, and accurately conducting all aspects of their job responsibilities for their assigned team and payers.
- YOU will be able to provide leadership and direction so that productivity and quality expectations are consistently measured and achieved and backlogs are avoided and promotes and supports a culture of continuous learning throughout the department.
Education and other requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Health Information Management, or related field. Associates degree will be considered with +5 years experience.
- Coding Certification(s)/Certified Professional Coder CPC and/or CRC, RHIT, RHIA, or CCS-P required.
- 5+ years of coding experience.
- 2+ years of supervisory / management experience over a team or as a team leader.
- Strong knowledge of PHYSICIAN CODING practices and the use of professional billing and medical records healthcare information technology.
- Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, and HCPS coding and medical terminology required.
- Ability to interpret physicians’ documentation and identify / extract billable services from medical records.
- Proficiency with Epic Resolute PB software
CANDIDATES LOCAL TO SEATTLE OR TACOMA, WASHINGTON ONLY NEED APPLY. This role does not provide a travel allowance or relocation benefit. Local candidates only.
E-Verify – Warbird participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. Warbird is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.