Internal Communications Specialist/Subject Matter Expert- F35 JPO
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Crystal City, Virginia
JOB TITLE: Internal Communications Specialist/Subject Matter Expert F35 JPO
Project provides support to the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter Joint Program Office (JPO) located in Crystal City (Arlington), VA. The JPO manages the development, test, production, fielding and sustainment of the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter for the USAF, USMC, USN, and International Partner and FMS customer nations worldwide.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the coordination, development, promotion, and implementation of a wide array of internal communication products supporting the information needs of F-35 JPO and F-35 Enterprise personnel. As an integral member of the Public Affairs team, this individual serves as the internal communications liaison within the JPO. Leverages internal communications products to augment the external Public Affairs program executed by the F-35 JPO Public Affairs Director and Deputy Director. Support the Director of Public Affairs and Deputy Director and is a vital contributor to making the JPO a great place to work.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active SECRET Clearance
- BS or BA degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: An AS or AA degree and an additional four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in DoD or corporate internal communications, public affairs, and/or strategic communications.
- Exceptional writing, listening, planning, critical thinking, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and convey highly complex information in a clear, concise and compelling fashion without losing the strategic intent.
- Proven ability in creating and managing effective employee and internal communications projects and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully support senior leadership and communicate effectively in a geographically, professionally and culturally-diverse workforce.
- Ability in crafting executive messaging, managing workplace culture initiatives and promoting a positive culture and system of beliefs and values.
- Proven experience using DoD or corporate social media and websites.
- Creative and collaborative thinker who can bring senior leaderships vision to life through traditional and non-traditional communication channels.
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to work independently within a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work across a multitude of staffs within the organization and partner with leaders at all levels to drive internal communications programming, respond to emerging situations and explore best practices and new ideas aimed at improving employee engagement.
- Demonstrated experience developing internal communications in support of Great Place to Work initiatives.
- Familiarity with DoD Acquisition, Technology & Logistics (AT&L) personnel and program management.
- Experience in or understanding of military aviation operations
WORK LOCATION: Crystal City, VA
KEY WORDS: DoD, strategic communications, communications, strategy, writing, problem-solving skills, senior leadership, communicate, executive messaging, workplace culture initiatives, DoD or corporate social media and websites, Great Place to Work initiatives, Acquisition, Technology & Logistics (AT&L) personnel and program management, and military aviation operations
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.