Maintenance Worker II
Job category: Facility Management
Job Type: Full Time
Mount Vernon, Missouri
Why you’ll love this position:
Are you an experienced trade worker looking for a great opportunity with even better benefits? Than this job would be a great fit for you! The Office of Administration Division of Facilities Management, Design and Construction has a job opportunity for Maintenance/Grounds Technician. If you love working in and around multiple trades areas including but not limited to; electrical, plumbing, carpentry, concrete and masonry, painting and plastering, then submit your application today!
What you’ll do:
- Preventive maintenance on multiple buildings.
- Mowing and weed eating
- Light electrical and plumbing
- Tile removal and install.
- Drywall repairs and finish.
- Receives assignments in the form of work orders
- Receives general supervision from a maintenance supervisor.
All you need for success:
- 1 -3 years of maintenance background, substitutions may be allowed
- Must possess and maintain a valid Missouri Driver’s License
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions independently
- Ability to work independently, or with a team
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, mowing machinery, tractors, and or motorized equipment
- Ability to work out doors in various weather conditions.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy loads
*This position is physically demanding. Examples of job duties may include prolonged periods of walking/ standing/ sitting/ bending, climbing ladders, ability to lift up to 50 lbs, working in inclement weather and working on uneven surfaces. This list is not all inclusive, but a general representation of duties that may be encountered in this position.
More reasons to love this position:
The State of Missouri offers an excellent benefits package that includes a defined pension plan, generous amounts of leave and holiday time, and eligibility for health insurance coverage. Your total compensation is more than the dollars you receive in your paycheck. To help demonstrate the value of working for the State of Missouri, we have created an interactive Total Compensation Calculator. This tool provides a comprehensive view of benefits and more that are offered to prospective employees. The Total Compensation Calculator and other applicant resources can be found here.
If you have questions about this position please contact:
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.