MARITIME SECURITY OFFICER POSITION – D LICENSE & TWIC
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
MARITIME SECURITY OFFICER POSITION – D LICENSE & TWIC – TAMPA, FL
APPLY ONLINE – NOW HIRING
* Up to a $500 Sign-on Bonus for Full-time and Part-time New Officers! *
MARTINEZ AND COMPANY, INC. – Tampa, FL
Compensation: $12.15 – $14.15 Hourly
Employment Type: Full-Time & Part-Time
At Martinez & Company, we pride ourselves on providing the most qualified officers in the industry. We actively recruit the finest caliber officers that demonstrate a high standard of dedication and willingness to work in a team environment. One of our mission statements is to seek out well-trained and highly professional officers. If you desire a challenge on a path to a rewarding career APPLY NOW!
Belong to Something Great; Be Part of Something Greater
Seeking highly professional trained G and/or D Officers for security access duties as a Security Officer. Selected Security Officers must be highly reliable, able to follow directions, and capable of exercising good judgment. These positions are located in Hillsborough County. If you are in need of reliable income and wanting to be part of a team that will make a difference, Apply Today!
Submit your resume today, limited openings available.
Applications received without a resume will not be considered.
Must meet the following Minimum Qualifications and Education (Minimum Qualifications MUST be attained before the recruitment start date.):
- Must be 18 years of age or older with valid Unarmed D License.
- Completion of an approved State of Florida 40 hr. Unarmed and in possession of an approved Florida Class D license from the DOACS, or ability to obtain possession within 30 days.
- In possession of, or be willing and able to apply for, the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (T.W.I.C.). Additional Details at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Ability to obtain a copy of Graduation Diploma from High School or possession of state valid GED Certificate.
- Have a Valid Driver’s license and clean driving history.
- Minimum one (1) years’ work experience in security or supervisory related position.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including days, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to be assigned as needed according to the needs of the company as a rapid response force with a maximum of 4 hours of response time.
- Possess reliable, personally owned transportation and ability to commute to various job sites as assigned.
- 24/7 Smartphone (Android, iPhone or Windows) and Internet Access
- Intermediate Computer Skills with an emphasis on emailing, web browsing, MS Word, and Adobe PDF.
- Ability to work well individually and with little or no managerial oversight. Self-motivated and resourceful. Able to prioritize and accomplish job-related goals and tasks with minimal direction based on training and experience.
- Team Player mentality by placing the needs of the many over one’s own.
- Strong English communication skills, including Reading and Writing: Ability to read and interpret complex instructions and procedures; including SOPs, post orders, statutes, laws, and regulations.
- Ability to follow and enforce intricate rules and regulations and complete detailed reports with minimal deviation.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (rain, cold, heat, etc.) for extended periods of time (up to 16 hrs if needed) with minimal breaks.
- Ability to safely work in a variety of work environments including commercial and industrial locations.
- Ability to obtain personal uniform items as necessary.
- Must be in good physical condition, capable of walking up and downstairs in limited spaced areas, and able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Comes to work; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned).
- Must have a neat, professional appearance and come to work in complete and clean assigned uniform, including being able to cover any tattoos normally exposed in uniform and maintain grooming standards (hair, nails, beards, etc.) per SOP.
- Ability to pass a Drug Test and Background investigation.
- Ability to complete all mandated training in accordance with deadlines and responsibilities.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple and possibly conflicting priorities and tasks effectively and on time.
- Working knowledge of maritime security enforcement guidelines including MTSA.
- Working knowledge of the laws, regulations and ordinances governing Hillsborough County.
- CPR and First Aid certifications or ability to obtain.
- Prior veteran, military/law enforcement preference: submit documentation to support entitlement to preference must be provided at time of application.
- We encourage Women, Minorities and Veterans to apply for an exciting career with our security agency.
- College Level education strongly desired
Martinez and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free workplace.
About MARTINEZ AND COMPANY, INC.:
Martinez and Company brings a resourceful and specialized approach to security in order to accommodate the high standards of our clientele.
As security professionals, our mission is to provide the very best protection services possible for our clients’ interests while simultaneously assisting with all duties that may create a more efficient and safe working environment for the client and their visitors. We shall be held to the highest standard of service, integrity, and efficiency, and will constantly endeavor to maintain a professional image and the highest ethical work standard.
Martinez and Company has been a licensed security agency in the State of Florida since 1994. Security Agency #B 2200073