Nuclear Command, Control, & Communications (NC3) Senior Program Analyst OPNAV N2N6
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Nuclear Command, Control & Communications (NC3) Senior Program Analyst OPNAV N2N6
This position is contingent upon contract award
Provide support services to the OPNAV N2N6 Assured Command and Control Division (N2N6F1) in the area of nuclear command, control, & communication (NC3). These systems consist of Navy, Air Force, Army, National Security, and Allied Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) systems, along with associated submerged, afloat, ashore and aircraft integration systems.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide a broad range of programmatic support for current and future NC3 systems, including capital planning, database management, requirement and technical analysis, and assessments. Support the preparation of briefs, information papers, impact and risk mitigation papers, and attendance at meetings that assist N2N6 government personnel in identifying, assessing, prioritizing, validating and adjudicating Navy & Joint Service Warfare capabilities and requirements. Specific tasks:
- Draft, conduct reviews, provide analysis, and support staffing of Joint and Navy initiatives and associated documents (e.g., Initial Capabilities Documents (ICD),
Capabilities Documents (CD), Joint Operational Concepts (JOC), and Joint Functional Concepts (JFC)). Provide comments and recommended actions to appropriate N2N6 staff to ensure JCIDS documents meet established DOD, Joint, and Navy C4I requirements.
- Assist OPNAV N2N6 Requirements Officers in coordinating with SYSCOMs, PEOs, program offices, other Navy and other Service staffs, the Fleet, the Joint Staff, and other stakeholders by reviewing queries, responding to tasks using knowledge and/or experience with Navy TV5 tasker system, tracking issues and/or concerns, and preparing draft responses in the form of clear and concise briefs, point papers, emails, and memos.
- Support OPNAV N2N6s role as requirements and resource sponsor in all Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) phases, including the preparation of briefings, point papers, spreadsheets, statements on program status, and other products on a wide array of topics, including financial excursions, warfighting capability impacts, manpower and training requirements, science and technology development and transition, and capability wholeness.
- Review and recommend updates to budget exhibits, program budget execution and current funding in Navy budget database systems (e.g. Intranet Resource Allocation and Planning System (iRAPS), Program Budget Information System (PBIS), etc.) for all N2N6 programs.
- Assist requirements officers in the review and staffing of acquisition-related documentation such as the Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), Navy Gate Review documents, and updates to acquisition documents and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Instructions and Manuals (CJCSI/CJCSM), including drafting and reviewing documents, completing comment resolution matrices, final editing, routing, coordination, and ensuring documents complete the required compliance checklists.
- Attend and summarize DoD overarching integrated process teams (OIPT), working integrated process teams (WIPT), and other working groups and executive committee meetings. Conduct regular reviews of relevant Defense Acquisition Executive Summary (DAES) reports, updates to the Acquisition Program Baseline (APB), and assessments of program acquisition strategies. Attend and summarize relevant independent program assessments and Defense Acquisition Boards (DAB), and assist in the preparation of required documentation and reports, which may have detailed and complex technical, administrative, and statutory requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
- Top Secret Clearance with SCI.
- 15 years of experience (at least five years of which were in a managerial capacity) in capability definition and operation of IT, space systems, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems and/or unmanned systems.
- Min 2 years experience at a high level Office of the Secretary of Defense or equivalent, Joint Staff, Combatant Command, Military Department or Service, Agency or Intel Community (IC) staff.
- Knowledge and experience working with NC3 and assured communications systems and platforms, NC3 network requirements, and NC3 and assured communications architectures and networks.
- Ability to interface with senior military officers and Government civilians to provide professional, informed reports on the status of work.
- Working knowledge of and experience with the Department of Defense Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) system.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working at OPNAV, or other Echelon 1 or 2 staffs.
- Experience working in acquisition program office (NC3 and submarine communication programs are a plus) or systems commands.
- Experience with Program Budget Information System (PBIS) and Intranet Resource Allocation Planning system (iRAPS)
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, VA
TRAVEL: Less than 5%
KEY WORDS: OPNAV, Nuclear Command, Control and Communications (NC3), PPBE, POM, PBIS, IRAPS, JCIDS, NC3 Modernized Hybrid Solution (NMHS), NC3 Cybersecurity, Continued Evaluation Program (CEP), Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), TACAMO/E6B.
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.