Plant Maintenance Technician
Job category: Facility Management
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Williamson, New York
WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods is located in Macedon, NY which is where this position resides, up to 20% travel required.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Plant Maintenance Technician (PMT) is responsible for the operation, preventative and corrective maintenance of stationary equipment including boilers, generators, and air compressors in the production facilities. The PMT will also have responsibility for the new steam plant and its operations, infrastructure equipment, and compliance adherence.
Job Duties include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure optimal and continuous operation of mechanical systems by performing routine inspections and maintenance, monitoring metering equipment and adjusting levels, as necessary.
- Maintain facilities infrastructure equipment, HVAC, MUA units, cooling systems, chillers, cooling towers, and general maintenance.
- Complete monthly compliance inspections, eye wash, emergency lighting, fire suppression, and first aid inspections.
- Maintain systems by scheduling regular inspections, cleanings, filter replacement and all other tasks necessary to keep all components performing optimally; identify and repair or replace malfunctioning components.
- Ensure safety by monitoring safety equipment, identifying potential issues and taking appropriate steps to suspend operations and repair the problem.
- Perform necessary repairs and replacements, obtain replacement parts and upgrade components as needed while staying within the budget.
- Create and enter properly documented records of inspections, maintenance routines and repairs.
- Sustain up-to-date knowledge of developments in relevant technology and make recommendations for overhauls and upgrades.
- Boiler operators perform frequent inspection checks and regular maintenance on boiler systems and related valves, gauges, piping, and other equipment.
- Boiler / Utility operators repair piping, valves, and other boiler machinery as needed.
- Boiler / Utility operators replace defective valves, gauges, and other boiler parts as needed.
- Boiler / Utility operators record daily gas readings, feed water tests, and other test results.
- Maintain and manage the inventory of equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Train current maintenance team on the fundamental operations of boilers (blow downs, testing, condition monitoring, and steam supply systems)
- Be onsite during all quarterly external and yearly internal boiler inspections (up to 20% travel to the Williamson Facility)
- Perform daily inspections of air, steam, water, and discharge systems are operating correctly.
- Maintain and PM air compression systems daily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be able to operate, repair, maintain, and adjust boilers, turbines, pumps, compressors, water lines, steam lines, valves, and all related systems and equipment.
- Must have experience in an industrial work environment such as factory, power plant, warehouse, and in the equipment rooms of large buildings that run on boiler systems.
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years plant experience (Boiler, steam, compressed air)
- Stationary Engineer license is a plus.
- Education, training, or certification in facilities management from a technical school, accredited college and/or university a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced in commercial or industrial work environment (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc.)
- Knowledge and expertise in general maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to facilities management in a manufacturing environment.
- Understand and comply with government regulations relating to OSHA, FDA, EPA, and NEC.
- Strong knowledge in contract/third party management experience.
- Ability to interpret and analyze electrical diagrams or schematics.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Able to work autonomously as a strong, independent, critical-thinker and decision-maker.
- Ability to independently prioritize and juggle multiple matters at once.
- A pro-active, high-energy attitude, geared towards achieving continuous improvement.
- Track record of excellence, ability to drive change and deliver results.
Basic level skills in MS Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. ERP/MRP experience required. Ability to utilize a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software) system.
Baldwin Richardson Foods offers a generous benefits package, including low premium and out-of-pocket medical/dental/vision costs, vacation, sick, 401k with matching, birthdays off, designated holidays and floating holidays.