Quality Engineer – Electrical
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Under the guidance of Quality Engineering Manager, the Electrical Quality Engineer acts as representative on all issues related to the continuous quality improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives for Johnson Health Tech’s commercial division. As assigned, the Electrical Quality Engineer will lead continuous improvement projects with an emphasis in developing a robust quality management system and instilling a preventative quality culture throughout the organization. Defect reduction will focus on supplier corrective action requests and shall include the principles of the 5Y’s and 8D problem solving methodologies including root cause analysis, containment, corrective action, verification and preventative measures to eliminate reoccurrence. This is a hands-on position in which electro-mechanical troubleshooting will be utilized to determine root cause.
• Participate and/or lead in defect reduction activities issued as supplier corrective action requests
• Utilize 8D problem solving methodology
• Close corrective action requests within 90 days
• Lead and/or participate in Cost of Quality (COQ) reduction initiatives
• Review New Product Development (NPD) activities
Voice of the Customer:
• Represent the voice of the customer and assist in creating a sense of urgency to facilitate rapid solutions
• Attend Customer Tech Support and Sales staff meetings to educate and close the communication loop on solutions for field quality issues.
• Prepare reports for the Consumer Product Safety Commission
Continuous Improvement Program:
• Participate and/or lead in Continuous Improvement programs utilizing Six Sigma DMAIC methodology
• Establish robust Quality Management System with emphasis on prevention
• Maintain organization in workplace
• Lead by example
Other projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or other areas of related emphasis and work experience
• Two years experience in a manufacturing quality assurance role is preferred
• Interpret electrical schematics and compare to defective products
• Understanding of basic statistics and applied use
• Experience with electronic manufacturing and overseas manufacturing is a plus
• The ideal candidate will be able to understand and troubleshoot Android operating systems
• Debugging Bluetooth, RFID, and Ant+ protocols
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point experience required. SAP preferred
• Experience with statistical and corrective action software preferred
• Travel to domestic and overseas manufacturing facilities multiple times / year.
• Valid driver’s license is required
• Experience using inspection and measurement gauges
• Excellent understanding of quality management tools and Microsoft office
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to changing priorities and multiple commitments
• Achieves high percent of task target dates.
• Suggest, develop and improve current work processes.
• Willing to assist others when his/her tasks are complete.
• Contributes ideas to improve current processes.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of co-workers, customers and vendors.
• Contributes to a positive working environment.
• Skilled in planning, organizing resources and establishing priorities for work assignments for optimum results.
• Able to handle multiple projects.
• Able to effectively present ideas and information through excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Quality of Work:
• Able to be consistently accurate.
• Able to follow tasks to completion in a timely manner without sacrificing quality.
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off benefits
• Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
• Product discounts
• Wellness programs