RN/Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab – Full-time, Days
Job category: Health Care
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Southwest seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full-time in the Cath Lab Department.
The address is 6100 Harris Parkway; Fort Worth TX 76132
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.40/hr. – based on relevant experience
- Shift is 7:00 am – 5:30 pm, Full-time, 40 hrs/week, some on-call will be required. For our clinical staff, we require a 30-minute call response time which includes STEMI call.
Texas Health Southwest is looking for a full-time Cath Lab RN to join their fast-paced, progressive Cath lab department. Our experienced and compassionate team in Cardiac Cath Lab care for patients with Cardiac, Peripheral Vascular or Electrophysiology related disease.
Responsibilities: Circulating RN + scrub and documentation role, administering moderate sedation for Cardiac, Peripheral angiograms and pacemakers. Assist during Interventional Radiology procedures.
We are a Magnet designated facility, Joint Commission certified in chest pain, heart failure and stroke, certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Texas Ten Step Member Mother Friendly Worksite.
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift and inter-hospital
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- Associates Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred; Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
- BCLS (AHA) upon hire – expiration date greater than 3 month preferred
- ACLS (AHA) within 6 month of hire
- One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
- 2 years of Cath Lab and/or ICU experience preferred
• Computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
- 2019 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (5th year in a row)
- 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor