Sales Inventory and Operations Planning Manager
Job category: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Sales Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) Manager is responsible for transforming demand forecasting and SIOP processes and policies across a complex product portfolio. This position requires in-depth organizational knowledge and is responsible for developing, implementing and communicating organizational objectives for the SIOP process. He/she is required to collaborate with Sales & Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain teams to collect and synthesize market and business input. Duties are performed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead the Sales Inventory Operational Planning process excellence for the Business Enterprise
- Coordinate the generation of accurate and timely monthly/weekly statistical demand forecast reports for retail supply chain product lines by market segment and/or geographic region, ensuring the right quantities of the right products are produced, effectively allocate supply, and accurately build financial and operating plans.
- Orchestrate alignment between sales and operations to balance supply and demand to minimize the working capital.
- Facilitate Reconciliation and Executive Reviews to drive effective business decision making process.
- Continuously improve forecasting accuracy, techniques, methods and approaches by establishing and utilizing best practices. Perform weekly root cause analyses and take proper actions.
- Collaborate the supply and demand plans with financial planning to develop earnings, executive leaders and budget guidance.
- Ensure approved SIOP plans are entered into the ERP system
- Own the monthly cadence of meetings and facilitate process
- Lead/Facilitate the monthly Exec SIOP meeting
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative techniques to analyze and input sales history, promotional data from consumer, residential, industrial and commercial product lines and channels into the demand planning system.
- Simplify and translate complex data into clear, concise information that is understandable to all audiences.
- Designs and directs the work of the functional area. Selects, coaches and develops the team, setting objectives that align with company strategy to inspire and motivate the team.
- Manages organizational talent through performance management, succession planning and development. Designs and directs processes by which team and individual performance are recognized, feedback is consistently delivered and performance is systematically improved.
Data Integrity (10%):
- Identify and correct data integrity issues through sustainable business practices
Inventory Management (10%):
- Communicate regularly with management and other internal teams about inventory availability
- Communicate regularly with management and sales team regarding built inventory availability
- Coordinate with product and sales team on phase in/phase out planning of all inventory
- Responsible for updating existing reports and developing new ones
- Responsible for tracking departmental performance metrics
- Assist in parts planning, evaluating slow moving parts and scrapping if necessary
- Work closely with warehouse, logistics, refurb, and assembly departments on projects related to inventory
- Complete and maintain reports and metrics for analysis and distribution to staff and management
- Actively participate in cross functional meetings when required
- Work closely with all internal and external suppliers and vendors
- Promote a positive team atmosphere with co-workers
- Maintain SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure) for all duties and tasks
Marginal Job Functions:
- Other projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Math, Statistics) Required
- Graduate degree in business, match, statistics, or related field, preferred
- APICS CPIM Certification preferred
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
- 10+ years experience in Supply Chain Management directly involved with SIOP/forecast processes
- History of proven Supply Chain experience and success with preference towards SIOP/forecasting
- Aptitude for self-management, taking initiative, and problem solving
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and written with all levels of personnel and management
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritization, and organization skills required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookup, auto filers, etc.) Required
- Well versed with Microsoft Office Suite
- SAP, Access, statistical tools, data mining/reporting tools preferred
- Ability to analyze and organize large amounts of data
- Minimal domestic, local and international travel may be required
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs