Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Design Quality Assurance Manager, the Software Tester is tasked with verifying software functionality of the various integrated technologies embedded in our fitness equipment. This position will require working collaboratively with members of web, software, and embedded system engineers to design & implement end-to-end tests, as well as support them in resolving those issues encountered. The ideal candidate will leverage their software testing knowledge to improve our products, while also guiding and inspiring team members to uphold our processes.
- Design, create and build test plans, and necessary phase gate checklists for multiple software platforms.
- Collaborate with the Product Development team(s) to understand requirements, develop test cases and manage the test scenarios on new and existing console platforms.
- Communicate, prioritize, execute and track execution of manual and automated tests, record defects and issues appropriately, and recommend corrective action whenever required.
- Facilitate functional testing, regression testing, UI testing, and performance testing for all features.
- Work with engineering teams to find root cause failures on short / tight timelines.
- Provide development team(s) with suggestions for UX improvements when needed.
- Other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an ABET-Accredited institution
- Or at least 4 years of relevant technical experience
- Must have a minimum of 1-year software testing experience
- Passionate about testing software and quality assurance
- Working knowledge of quality assurance within product development
- Proven ability in test case development for consumer products
- Experience with agile development methodologies (a plus)
- Knowledge of using standard applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of using team collaboration software such as Atlassian Confluence & JIRA or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with numerous diverse groups and individuals
- Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver
- Ability to multi-task well and change focus quickly
- Passionate and knowledgeable about quality assurance methodologies
- Should be results oriented, possess a high degree of motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs