Warehouse Quality Control Associate
Job category: Warehouse
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Syracuse, New York
River Valley, a growing specialty foods distributor in Syracuse, NY, is searching for full time Warehouse Quality Control Associates.
River Valley Holdings is a family-owned food distribution company based in Syracuse, NY and serving retail customers across the northeastern United States. The River Valley family of companies: River Valley Foods, Cavallaro Foods and Garden Spot Foods, distributes a wide range of specialty dry and frozen grocery items out of warehouses in Syracuse, NY and New Holland, PA.
We are currently scheduling interviews for 2nd Shift Quality Control to work in our Syracuse location.
Auditors are responsible for safely and accurately identifying and recording errors on completed pallets of grocery products. The successful candidate is goal-oriented and demonstrates dependability, efficiency, and attention to details.
This position is FULL TIME with competitive benefit offerings:
- Medical & Dental benefits
- 401k with company match
- 2 weeks of vacation per year
- Opportunity for advancement
- Starting pay: $16.75/hour
Hours: Schedules are either 4 days from 2:30 PM – work is finished (generally within 10 hours although overtime may be required/available) OR 5 days from 3:30 PM – work is finished (generally within 8 hours although overtime may be required/available).
- Read and understand orders details and case labels.
- Break down and rebuild completed pallets while counting and inspecting cases to verify accuracy of orders.
- Identify and record errors on completed pallets and report any mispicks.
- Work with team members and supervisors to ensure coordination of work.
- Use safe workplace practices to operate equipment and perform auditing procedures.
- Perform additional job duties as required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Able to read and speak English
- Able to lift 50 pounds consistently throughout the shift
- Able to stand, walk, lift and bend for extended periods of time
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screening test
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Prior warehouse or inventory management experience (preferred, not required)
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility
- Ability to communicate and use teamwork to achieve goals
River Valley Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).