Accounts Receivable Associate – Retail
Job category: Financial
Job Type: Full Time
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor, the A/R Associate performs daily A/R postings related to ecommerce, multiple retail customers and 3 wholesale retail channels in accordance with company policies and procedures. Duties also include Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) responsibilities. The Accounts Receivable Associate administers the credit and collections functions. Position will work a non-traditional office work schedule. For example: 10:30 am until 7:30pm. This is a non-supervisory position.
Accounts Receivable :
- Review customer orders for credit blocks forwarding all blocked orders for approval to release shipment.
- Clear payments with invoices on customer accounts daily.
- Perform collection calls to customers keeping open AR balances current.
- Communicate with Sales team differences in entitlement deductions received from customers.
- Provide other required sales and payment clearing reports to sales team and customers
- Provide Account Receivable AR Aging reports to Accounting Supervisor and Controller
- EDI Order Management
- Communicate the set-up of new customers: Review contracts for set up information, perform all system testing, and coordinate with IT for all SAP related needs.
EDI Daily Activity:
- Retrieve and review EDI orders from Webforms and SAP for processing.
- Print required documents including packing slips, orders, and labels.
- Communicate order information to Sales and Supply Chain departments.
- Send EDI transmissions including: inventory feeds, order acknowledgements, ASNs, and invoices.
- Correct and retranslate any EDI documents that fail during transmission.
Container Direct Process:
- Receive orders, communicate with sales team, release orders and generate labels for factories.
- Verify container information and product pricing.
- Process virtual and actual Goods Receipts, MIROs for FOB Shanghai shipments.
- Send all EDI required transmissions for Container direct shipments.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Cross train in EDI order processing for support and back-up
- Establish and work to accomplish all personal and departmental KPIs.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance or related area highly preferred
- Or a combination of education and experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Accounts Receivable with credit and collections
- Experience with EDI processes preferred
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Strong data entry skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and intermediate Excel skills
- Be able to communicate clearly and work cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Adherence to all work process deadlines
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs