Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Acquisition Logistician
This person will be a WBB consultant and will serve as a senior acquisition logistics subject matter expert. The individual will be a member of and/or manage collaborative teams providing multi-disciplinary support to government and industry. Will also serve as a senior advisor to government and industry personnel providing a blend of operational, program management and acquisition expertise. The ideal applicant is versatile, with a broad background and demonstrated ability to produce quality work. Must be comfortable in a challenging, collaborative, multi-tasking, dynamic, high-tempo, deadline-intensive environment with a flexible work schedule supporting multiple customers. Full-time employment is desired, part-time will be considered.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for providing acquisition logistics management support services to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of acquisition services in support of the customers mission. Services include some or all of the following:
- Provide leadership, analytical support, and tactical level subject matter expertise to logistics initiatives
- Provide support to customers in reviewing and updating DoD product support policies
- Provide inputs for high level strategic planning, policy/process/procedures development, business process improvements, and review of compliance and development of overall performance standards
- Provide briefing, review, and facilitation support for customer meetings and workshops
- Support customer workshops and decision support sessions
- Provide subject matter expertise during proposal development
- Provide insights to readiness requirements and reporting procedures
- Other related services associated with the acquisition process
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelors degree
- Ten years of related acquisition logistics experience, at least 2 years of which was in a leadership position.
- Functional expertise in life cycle logistics
- Experience with weapon system sustainment planning and execution, product support management, sustaining engineering and depot maintenance planning
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management at the wholesale level and/or retail level
- Knowledge of the acquisition lifecycle and required sustainment planning during each phase
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to lead a collaborative team in completing complex projects
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbal
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills for Word, PowerPoint, Excel
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical or business-related Masters Degree
- Clear understanding of the DoD acquisition and sustainment organizations at the headquarters, MAJCOM and field levels
- Familiarity with the DoDs Integrated Product Support Element structure and definitions
- DOD Acquisition Certification (DAWIA) Level III for Life Cycle Logistics
- Familiarity and application of the DoD Product Support Business Case Analysis Process/Guidance and the DoD Independent Logistics Assessment Process/Guidance
- Familiarity with the requirements of the DoD Product Support Managers Guidebook and the process for developing Life Cycle Sustainment Plans
- Experience working with Microsoft Access, Project, and Visio
WORK LOCATION: Dayton, OH
KEY WORDS: Logistics, Life Cycle Logistics, BCA, Depot Maintenance, DoD Logistics, Integrated Product Support Elements, Product Support, Independent Logistics Assessment, Life Cycle Sustainment Plan
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.