Aircraft Carrier Warfare Systems Program Analyst
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Aircraft Carrier Warfare Systems Program Analyst
The Office of the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Air Warfare Division (OPNAV N98) defines, develops, supports, and funds aircraft carrier requirements and programs. Major responsibilities include aircraft carrier warfare system program analysis across the planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PPBE) system to meet CNO aircraft carrier readiness goals.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide support to OPNAV N98 for aircraft carrier programs. Tasks include:
- Conduct analysis of current and future Aircraft Carrier requirements related to Warfare Systems (combat, weapons, navigation, and C5I systems).
- Provide analytical support for policies that align Aircraft Carrier requirements, programs, and resources, especially Warfare Systems funded by another resource sponsor.
- Assist with the development of briefings, presentations, point papers, and correspondence for aircraft carrier warfare/combat system requirements and programmatic structure.
- Assist requirements officers with documentation, preparation, and coordination for JCIDS and program Gate Review activities. Draft or edit documents for Government review and approval including: concepts of operations, Capabilities Based Assessments, Analyses of Alternatives, Initial Capabilities Documents, Capabilities Development Documents, Capabilities Production Documents, and Requirements Memoranda.
- Supports the analysis of aircraft carrier warfare system life-cycle maintenance. Review and analyze recommendations regarding the impact to Navy budget, aircraft carrier availability, and availability of critical systems.
- Verify, validate, assess, and assist in the prioritization of acceptable warfighting risk during the Program Requirements Review (PRR)/POM. Provides analysis of program execution, year-out planning, and the creation of the POM and program requirements issue sheets. Drafts briefs, issue sheets, white papers, and trade studies for Government review and approval.
- Assists in coordination with other acquisition program managers, Program Executive Offices, commands, services, and the Office of the Secretary of Defense on program interoperability issues with programs and systems such as Joint Strike Fighter (JSF), Unmanned Carrier-Launched Airborne Strike and Surveillance System (UCLASS), and embarked airwing capabilities with regard to their impact on aircraft carrier warfare systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Security clearance: SECRET or higher.
- 7 years of progressive experience, (at least three years of which were in a managerial capacity), in capability definition of naval warfare systems and in operation of naval warfare systems.
- Knowledge of DoN Naval Aviation programs, missions, and challenges related to aircraft carrier aviation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the PPBE process.
- Knowledge of aircraft carrier warfare systems, combat systems, and C5I systems along with familiarity of aircraft and operations of the embarked airwing and life-cycle maintenance program for aircraft carriers.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, able to produce complex and embedded graphs using MS PowerPoint and Excel to draft and finalize executive-level briefing materials, presentations, and point papers for government review and approval.
- Work experience with the development of high-level briefs, instructions, and policy memos.
- Operational experience as an aircraft carrier Tactical Action Officer, qualified Surface Warfare Officer, or Naval Aviator.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years experience in both aircraft carrier and carrier air wing operations, as well as resource/requirements experience on the OPNAV staff.
- Minimum 3 years operational fleet experience including minimum 2 years experience as an aircraft carrier Tactical Action Officer, Combat Systems Officer, Combat Direction Center Officer, Operations Officer, or Assistant Operations Officer.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the PPBE process, demonstrated by having one of the following:
- OPNAV or equivalent PPBE training certificate
- Actual working experience within the PPBE process within the last 2 years
- Actual working experience with POM development, issue generation, or Program Reviews, at Echelon II or higher within the last 2 years
- Knowledge and understanding of the PBIS, demonstrated by having one of the following:
- FMB, OPNAV, or equivalent PBIS training certificate
- Actual work experience with PBIS within the last 2 years
- Knowledge and understanding of the JCIDS process, demonstrated by having one of the following:
- DAU CLR101 and RQM110 JCIDS training certificates
- Actual work experience with the development of JCIDS documentation within the last 2 years
- OPNAV N98, N96, or N95 C5I requirements experience.
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, VA
KEY WORDS: program analyst, C5I, OPNAV N98, warfare systems, PEO IWS, Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), CVN, TAO, PEO Carriers
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/9hsvsjmdr4cwx446