Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Washington, DC, District of Columbia
BARCLAY WATER MANAGEMENT, INC. was founded in 1932 and is the oldest and largest employee-owned water treatment organization in North America. We manufacture a wide range of specialty treatments for controlling water chemistry in heating, cooling, process and power generating systems. Our products and services extend the useful life of boilers, chillers, cooling towers, process heat exchangers and piping systems as well as reduce utility plan operating costs by minimizing water and energy consumption.
We are currently looking for an Application Engineer in the Washington, D.C. area.
The responsibilities include:
- Travelling to customer sites to provide service and technical support to new and established accounts
- Document field service activities
- Conduct surveys and prepare proposals and bids
- Perform field water tests to monitor monochloramine generator performance
- Assist local Barclay field engineers with pre-installation survey of client domestic water piping systems
- Supervise installation of flow meters on domestic water supply lines to enable generators to proportionally feed monochloramine into potable water systems
- Conduct annual account reviews
- Identify potential new accounts
- B.S. in Engineering/Science or a related field
- A background in water treatment or plant operations, specifically boiler or HVAC operations is required
- Knowledge of potable water systems, plumbing and electrical is a plus
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Barclay Water Management, Inc. offers an attractive base salary plus incentive commissions, company car and expenses, and an excellent benefits package which includes an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax (617) 744-3450.
An Employee Owned Company