Applications and Infrastructure Fielding Engineer
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Summary: This candidate will lead a team of engineers in the fielding and installation of training systems for the Department of Defense. Fieldings include hardware, infrastructure software and application software installation, configuration and testing in data center environments. In this position the lead engineer will be required to actively participate in both the technical management and implementation. Some of the system components include IPS, IDS, L2 and L3 switches, Routers, Dell server blades, NetApp. Some of the System Software includes RedHat OpenShift, Satellite, SSO, VMWare vCenter, ESXi, NSX and a host of custom training software applications, virtual machines and containers. This engineer will lead his/her team in the fielding of the HW/SW and help to test the system to ensure it has been built correctly. All skill sets and complete knowledge of all HW and SW is not required coming into this position and we will provide training to ensure a complete understanding of how the system is built. However, the candidate must be experienced in some of the associated technology and be a fast learner willing to take on independent troubleshooting, able to help the team stay on schedule and willing to identify shortcomings in the installation process and how to improve over time.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a technically demanding environment executing in both the leadership and technical hands on roles.
- Able to work with a large team of engineers setting up complex Data Center like environments.
- The ability to learn new technical devices and software quickly and then applying that knowledge live in the field installing, configuring, troubleshooting and testing the system software
- Must be skilled with Linux system administration and have a functional knowledge of Red Hat enterprise services such as IDM, OpenShift, Satellite, and Single Sign On
- A keen understanding of virtualization – preferably VMWare.
- Environment is primarily built with Linux, VMware, OpenShift and the rest of the Red Hat suite of enterprise products.
- Use scripting languages for automation, administration, data collection and reporting. This job requires the ability to debug, deploy, and sustain scripts.
- A working knowledge of Kubernetes is preferred.
- Must have a firm understanding of cyber security and the ability to make sound decisions in keeping with Cyber policies and procedures.
- Must be capable of following instructions and troubleshooting the system if the results are unexpected.
- Able to learn how to install and use custom training software in a complex training environment.
- Analyzes real world problems and implements solutions according to corporate guidelines and procedures, and industry best practices.
- Must be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment and able to work with/manage a range of engineers holding a diverse set of skills at differing levels of experience.
- Be sensitive and flexible to the needs and requirements of the customer.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. Top Secret Clearance.
- Expertise with offensive and/or defensive cyber training.
- VMWare vCenter, ESXi, NSX experience.
- F5 Experience is a major plus.
- RedHat OpenShift experience or Kubernetes experience (setup and configuration).
- RedHat Services experience with IDM, SSO, Satellite.
- Prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Interact with vendors/users/customers and developers to understand needs and operational requirements changes that will impact installation and testing activities, examine any relevant change implementation, then report the changes to management.
- Ability to solve technical problems involving a variety of integrated software and hardware platforms.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, systems or software engineering from an accredited college or university
- Seven (7) years experience solving complex Department of Defense engineering and technical problems in a senior level role.
- IAT Level II or greater. Security+, CISSP or other equivalent certification.
Other Requirements: Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status and a SECRET security clearance, with an ability to obtain a TOP SECRET security clearance. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government’s Task Order.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job.
Cole Engineering Services, Inc. has been, and is fully committed to equal employment opportunity. Equal Employment Opportunity will remain a fundamental principle, where we seek to recruit the very best candidates. CESI actively seeks to recruit and does not discriminate in employment without regard to gender, race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability and/or protected veteran status.