AR Coating Field Service Technician
Job category: Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Seeking a full time Field Service Technician based in Dallas, Texas. Must live in proximity near a major airport. We are seeking technical professionals who have a balanced mechanical and electrical aptitude with 2-3 years of previous box coater mechanical experience. The health and safety of Satisloh employees continue to be our top priority, and we have implemented numerous changes to our normal operating policies in response to COVID-19.
Who are we?
Satisloh North America is one of the leading machine manufacturers for ophthalmic and precision optics manufacturing as well as for reliable high-tech equipment. Satisloh provides customized cutting edge solutions and a large variety of surfacing, centering, polishing, coating and finishing equipment, consumables & tools, and services support.
What we offer you:
• Competitive insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision program, life insurance, STD and LTD.
• Advancement opportunities available.
• 401(k) with company match.
* Annual Profit Sharing bonus
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Generous paid time off.
• Tuition reimbursement.
Summary: Takes responsibility for the installation, maintenance and repairs on all Satisloh vacuum coating equipment by performing the following duties. Previous knowledge of vacuum coating systems and processes a huge plus.
1. Possesses ability to read and interpret hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic schematics.
2. Provides technical support to customers via travel and telephone support.
3. Assists customer service and shipping/receiving with part identification.
4. Fosters and maintains a working environment within the department that encourages positive, open and professional communication and a strong focus on the customer.
5. Maintains normal traveling schedule which involves approximately 80% travel to customers and 20% office, training and coordination of meetings.*
6. Performs customer service and customer communication.
7. Provides prompt and accurate technical support via customer service phone calls.
8. Addresses customer issues in a timely manner.
9. Maintains ongoing contact with Field Service Director to discuss scheduling.
10. Prepares expense reports.*
11. Prepares Service Work Orders for all customer visits.
12. Updates and maintains customer database.
13. Attends trade shows and exhibitions.
14. Provides manuals and other documentation to customers upon request.
15. Attends product/operations training in Italy, Germany or Switzerland upon request when international travel restrictions are lifted.
16. Understands, evaluates and meets the customer’s needs and expectations in a proactive manner.
17. Facilitates the department’s implementing change and continuous improvement of processes.
18. Works with all departments to assure maximum coordination of efforts in the resolution of common problems and the attainment of common objectives.
19. Maintains files and prepares bi-weekly service reports.
20. Works closely with project managers to improve processes improvements.
High School Diploma required, preferred Technical Degree (two or four year college) or Armed Forces Electronics Training, a plus
• Excel at communication (verbal and written), have sound judgment and decision making skills and possess the ability to think under pressure, take action and facilitate customer solutions.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Mail, and Internet)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75-100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Satisloh North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.