Assistant Procurement Specialist – Contracts
Job category: Human Resources
Job Type: Other
San Rafael, California
Assistant Procurement Specialist – Contracts
SALARY: $38.27 – $46.23 Hourly
$79,601.60 – $96,158.40 Annually
DIVISION: Bridge Division
OPENING DATE: 02/14/23
CLOSING DATE: 03/01/23 11:59 PM
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF
APPLICATION: 1. GGBHTD Online Employment Application; 2. Resume (Attach as PDF to your online application). THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR THIS POSITION may include: Skills Test; Oral Panel Interview; Department interview for final candidates; Background, Employment and Security Investigation. The District will invite ONLY those candidates whose qualifications MOST CLOSELY MATCH the position requirements to continue in the selection process. The District is a drug free workplace.
Under direct supervision, manages all contract administration functions, including legal advertising, coordinating contract execution with extreme attention to detail, and processing all related correspondence. Performs complex and confidential contracting work for the Procurement Department. This position requires strong organizational, time-management and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities. Works as a team member with strong internal and external customer service skills to provide varied Procurement services to District-wide staff, outside agencies and the public. Performs related work as required.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. GGBHTD Online Employment Application
2. Resume (Attach as PDF to your online application).
• Performs variety of advanced administrative and programmatic work of general or specialized nature in support of the Contracts and Purchasing Divisions.
• Plans, organizes, reviews, prepares and processes necessary procurement documents for low-
dollar, low-risk service contracts and agreements.
• May manage & administer the solicitation process such as information dissemination and direction to stakeholders, contract administration and closeout phases.
• Schedules meetings, interviews and conducts reference checks on proposers.
• Coordinates legal advertisement of solicitation notices.
• Serves as liaison between potential proposers/bidders and District staff.
• Coordinates posting of final solicitation documents, addenda and other related documents to the District’s Procurement Portal.
• Processes contracts/agreements, change orders/amendments and task orders for full execution.
• Creates and revises purchase orders in electronic procurement system.
• Ensures compliance with minimum required insurance coverage and collects and maintains appropriate insurance certificates.
• Notifies project managers of expiring contracts, provides information on option terms, and prepares and sends option letters.
• Prepares a wide variety of documents including large bid and contract documents, request for proposals, statistical reports, correspondence, forms, and other materials.
• Researches and compiles a variety of informational materials, prepares or updates periodic and special reports.
• Reviews finished materials for completeness, accuracy, compliance with policies and procedures, and for correct English and grammar usage.
• Organizes and maintains department files, records and databases.
• Works with outside agencies and vendors, District-wide staff and the public.
• Provides authoritative information to individuals and may require the use of independent judgment or the interpretation of District or Departmental policies and procedures.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with District employees, customers, vendors and all others contacted during the course of work using principles of excellent customer service.
• Performs additional related duties as assigned.
• Regular and reliable performance and attendance is required.
Education and/or Experience:
• 2-year Associate degree (either an AA or AS), which included completion of college level courses in business, public administration, contract law or a closely related field. Additional position-related experience may be substituted on a year-per-year basis in lieu of the degree/certificate requirement.
• A minimum of one year recent confidential contract administration or related experience performing a variety of duties, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly learn other software programs to include electronic procurement, ERP and contracts management systems.
• Transit and/or public agency contract management experience is desirable.
Desirable to possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record. May operate District vehicles to travel to District locations or perform department errands.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting. Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen. Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Routine use of computer, telephone and other office equipment. Ability to travel to District facilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• District procurement policies and procedures • Basic principles of inventory management and control
Skill in or Ability to:
• Learn and apply District policies, laws and regulations that pertain to work
• Rapidly learn the functions and activities of the District and the Procurement Department
• Maintain confidentiality and protect access to confidential information and documents
• Possesses strong problem solving skills
• Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to establish priorities to meet critical deadlines with a minimum of supervision
• Use tact and discretion in establishing and maintaining effective, productive, cooperative working relationships
• Speak clearly and concisely in oral and written communication
• Electronic records management, report preparation and filing methods
• Creative, innovative and self-motivated to improve the Procurement Department
• Work effectively in a high volume, high visibility office environment
• Effectively multi-task in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
• Work as part of a team using excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Use initiative and independent judgment to manage projects in a positive, effective manner while maintaining adherence to deadlines, policies and procedures
• Maintain professionalism while dealing with employees, members of the public and all other contacts coupled with sensitivity toward organizational impact is a necessity
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
Administration Building, 1101 Andersen Drive San Rafael, CA 94901
ASSISTANT PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST –
Assistant Procurement Specialist – Contracts Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Do you have a 2-year Associate degree (either an AA or AS), which included completion of college level courses in business, public administration, contract law or a closely related field?
* 2. Do you have a minimum of one year recent confidential contract administration or related experience performing a variety of duties, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office?
* 3. Do you have software experience with electronic procurement, ERP and contracts management systems?
* Required Question