Assistant Product Manager – Technology
Job category: Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Senior Director- Technology and Business Development, the Assistant Product Manager-Technology, is someone who performs a variety of global product development and implementation duties in accordance with company policies and procedures. Duties include assisting product managers in developing new technology products, managing existing offerings through software updates or other modifications, as well as working with strategic partners in leveraging technology and procedures for seamless product introductions. In addition, this role will assist in the oversight of assigned lines including but not limited to retail and/or commercial LED and touchscreen consoles, connected strength technologies developed internally and through third party relationships, and commercial entertainment accessories. This is a non-supervisory position.
- Assist in maintaining network of technology experts in embedded computing, television, digital media and software
- Conduct or participate in meaningful consumer focus groups as needed
- Prepare and distribute detailed competitive reviews
- Maintain current competitive analysis for assigned product categories
- Stay current with trends in consumer electronics
- Work with Global Education on developing online curriculum for sales and service arms of global organization to better arm our team with necessary knowledge to deliver a superior customer experience
- Manage technology product meetings with cross functional teams in N.A., disseminate learning globally
- Champion development of new hardware and software of assigned lines
- Play role in team selling approach as a means to drive revenue globally
- Manage cross functional product launch process
- Support tradeshows
- Other duties where assigned
- 4-year degree in business, marketing or communications.
- 4-year degree in electrical or computer engineering a plus preferred.
- Education or experience with product, sales or service in the fitness industry; or project management in another consumer industry required. Experience in networking and technology infrastructure a plus preferred.
- Experience with Mass Retailers, Specialty Retail or Health Clubs preferred
- Training programs in product management or product training preferred
- Avid user of fitness products or consumer fitness tracking products preferred
- International product development preferred
- Proficient with Excel and Word required
- Willingness to travel locally, domestically and internationally
- Has an understanding of product sales, or service experience in the fitness industry
- Understands hardware and software development as well as networking
- Achieves high percent of task target dates.
- Suggests, develops and improves current work processes
- Willing to assist others when his/her tasks are complete.
- Contributes ideas to improve current processes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse group of co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Contributes to a positive working environment.
- Skilled in planning, organizing resources and establishing priorities for work assignments for optimum results.
- Able to handle multiple projects.
- Effectively presents ideas and information through oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build teams and relationships through concise communication both internally and externally
Quality of Work:
- Consistently accurate
- Follows tasks to completion in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
Other Preferred Skills:
- Additional training programs in product management or training
- Partner management
- International experience
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
- Product discounts
- Wellness programs