AV Industry Warehouse Associate Nashua, NH
Job category: Warehouse
Job Type: Full Time
Nashua, NH, New Hampshire
Welcome to the world of smart-system solutions!
We are the premier integrator, redefining client experiences through leading-edge technology, unrivaled service and passionate people.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? If you do, then be with a talented team embarking on an exciting journey and helping each new generation create the most advanced solutions in integration.
Position Summary: Warehouse Associate
AVDG is looking for a Warehouse Associate to join our fast-growing dynamic team and will be responsible for activities in the warehouse including receiving, processing, and documenting in the system new inventory or supplies, and overall organization of inventory in the warehouse and keeping area clean and maintained. You will help assist with the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of installation and service materials.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills, and solid materials management/inventory background.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for activities involved with receiving, storing and shipping products or materials
- Engage in warehouse safety and security programs and activities
- Participates in physical inventories for verifying stock and identifying losses
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
- Assists in the maintenance of manual and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. purchase orders, goods receipts, electronic delivery logs, supplies needed by department, claim forms, inventory, warehouse reports, bid list, material evaluation documents, goods receipts, goods issue, fixed asset, purchases, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing materials and reliable resource information.
- Operates warehouse equipment (e.g. hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklift, delivery truck with equipment trailer, etc.) for moving large and heavy items safely and efficiently.
- Receives stock and non-stock items for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
- Researches discrepancies on orders and/or invoices (e.g. overages, shortages, duplicate deliveries, etc.) for the purpose of correcting errors and/or returning damaged/incorrect items to vendors.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work safely in an office/warehouse environment
- Frequently required to walk, use hands to handle product
- Reach with hands and arms
- Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Exposure to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally required to stand; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; hear
To join our band, you’ll need the following experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of Warehouse experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License with no excessive amount of moving violations.
- Audio/Visual industry experience, or related industry is a big plus but not mandatory.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) experience highly preferred, Q360 experience a major plus.
- Inventory experience, ability to count accurately and be detailed oriented required.
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, and work well independently.
- Previous experience operating a forklift – or forklift certified a plus.
Founded in 1996, Audio Visual Design Group (AVDG) is a leading design-build firm specializing in next-generation AV design & integration, revolutionizing smart homes, smart enterprises, smart venues for clients across the United States. Our innovative, passionate, and technical culture allows us to deliver the most sophisticated systems and continuously change the AV landscape demonstrating to clients what technology can do for them. AVDG’s world-class team and original smart-system solutions are regarded among the best in the industry.
Since joining the Business Solutions Division of Guitar Center enterprise in late 2017 AVDG has been provided new avenues of growth and opportunities to better support our clients and our team. Guitar Center is bolstering AVDG’s high-growth trajectory, rigorously expanding our national footprint.
We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
At AVDG, you will join a peer group of like-minded people who are passionate about Audio, Video, Lighting and Control technologies. You will be given the freedom to apply your craft to deliver outstanding customer experiences that are enabled by technology. You will access many opportunities to learn including access to the newly launched AVDG University. As AVDG is a part of the larger Guitar Center group, you will find opportunities to expand your career and to collaborate beyond Pro AV if you choose to
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.