Board Member, Help Heal Veterans
Job category: Other
Job Type: Part Time
First established in 1971 as Help Hospitalized Veterans, Help Heal Veterans (Heal Vets) has provided free therapeutic arts and crafts kits to hospitalized and homebound veterans for generations. These kits help injured, recuperating veterans and are used as recreational therapy, while also improving their sense of self-esteem and overall physical and mental health.
Since its inception, Heal Vets has delivered nearly 33 million arts and crafts kits to veterans and veteran facilities nationwide, as well as active-duty military overseas. Whether it’s restoring coordination and impaired motor skills, improving concentration, or relieving symptoms of depression and PTSD, the goal is to give veterans what they need to heal. Help Heal Veterans’ Board members are able to serve a mission close to their hearts by changing the lives of veterans and active-duty service members.
Help Heal Veterans is seeking a new Board member to ensure the organization is well-managed and remains fiscally sound. The Board must exercise oversight of the organization’s operations and maintain the legal and ethical accountability of the staff and volunteers. The Board will meet formally four times throughout the year to review the organization’s financial status and organizational plan, and to decide on the next steps. The ideal candidate will have a selection of the following expertise:
- Strategic leadership experience that informs strategic discussions, with the ability to think long-term.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for the diversity of the United States Armed Forces.
- Strong working knowledge of P&L sheets and other key financial reports to help in meeting fiduciary obligations; a strong background in business finance is preferred.
- Business leader in a high-level leadership position within their organization or positioned for growth in their chosen industry.
- Manufacturing and/or marketing experience is a plus.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Help Heal Veterans. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.