Building Maintenance Assistant
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
We are currently looking for a Building Maintenance Assistant to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career. Apply Now and Join Our Team!
The wage for this position is $16.00 per hour.
- Performs a variety of maintenance and repairs throughout warehouse operations – with an emphasis on MHE.
- Can include metal working, electrical, plumbing, woodworking and equipment repair
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance checks and repairing the facility and equipment as needed
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in warehouse establishment following specification, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings; using hand tools, power tools, forklift, measuring and testing instruments
- Visually inspects and tests equipment
- Dismantles defective machines/equipment; installs new or repaired parts following specifications, using precise measuring instruments and hand tools
- Cleans/lubricates parts of machinery
- Performs minor maintenance throughout warehouse and office operations
- Qualified individual will present well-rounded skills in maintenance, welding, electrical, plumbing, woodworking, and building repairs
- No certification is required
- Ability to operate power tools, use hand tools and drive forklift
- Must have valid drivers license
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test
- Three to five years industrial experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Mechanical experience a plus
- Frequently lift using both hands/arms reaching, grasping and carrying, weights up to 30 lbs., occasionally up to 50 lbs., rarely up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk constantly through 8 hour work shift; 3-5 miles daily
- Ability to bend/twist at waist, knees and neck frequently throughout work shift
- Ability to use both hands and arms simultaneously reaching/handing/grasping and exerting push/pull force normally 30-70 lbs., up to 120 lbs. on occasion
- Frequently overhead reaching using both hands
- Frequent climbing on ladders/stairs, working in confined/cramped spaces, awkward positions
- Crouching/kneeling/crawling occasionally
- Constant use of hearing/sight/speech abilities required to perform essential job functions
- Must work quickly under constant interruptions and meet required deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Must posess excellent problem-solving skills
- Must work independently, performing all repairs in expedited fashion
- Must be able to learn technical manufacturer’s specifications/blueprints manuals
- Must be able to communicate with supervisor/other workers and record data
- Hazards are numerous, including: noise, dust, oil, slippery surfaces. Exposure to moving equipment/machinery, hazardous chemicals and products. May work inside and outside and be exposed to temperature extremes of -10f. to 80f., work under deadlines and pressures
- Safety equipment required and provided
Food Services of America offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please visit www.fsafood.com or www.fsacareers.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.