Business Development Manager
Job category: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will primarily support and work under the direction of the Business Development Director in leading new business development activities. The BDM will also work in collaboration with IDG’s technical teams to provide cross-cutting coordination on strategic capture and proposal development activities. S/he will contribute to research and analysis of opportunities at the donor, industry and country levels; and, lead bid-no-bid analytics. As the proposal manager, the BDM is responsible for leading high-performance proposal teams, effective liaison with partners; and ensure the submission of compliant, high-quality bids. The BDM will also support the day-to-today management of BD operations and systems, client outreach/marketing efforts and support corporate-wide BD training and mentoring activities.
- Provide support to the Business Development Director in executing the company’s new business agenda.
- Support and lead capture planning activities.
- Manage proposal development for bids, including the comprehensive pre-positioning for proposals and managing live proposals, ensuring that proposals meet funder compliance and IDG’s quality assurance standards.
- Gather technical input and competitive intelligence from IDG technical teams, partners subject matter specialists, and other resource persons.
- Liaison with IDG technical leads, partners and consultants to conceptualize and design proposals.
- Work in collaboration with technical recruiters and the pricing team on bids.
- Support bid-no-bid analysis and decision making.
- Support the facilitation of strategic partnerships with other organizations.
- Coordinate teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements with partners; and help negotiate partnership arrangements and budgets.
- Maintain accurate business development opportunities trackers and assist with analysis of proposal development data; maintain accurate and timely electronic files; and ensure that relevant information is accessible to and circulated to the portfolio members.
- Monitor and share information about new opportunities, donor funding trends, and relevant country information from outside sources of news.
- Oversee recruitment efforts for key personnel and other proposal staffing requirements.
- As appropriate, draft sections of proposals, expressions of interest, sources sought and request for information.
- Serve as editor and proofreader of BD/marketing and proposal content as necessary.
- Supervise, mentor, and guide direct reports in supporting new business development.
- Mentor and support staff training and orientations on new business best practices, processes, and procedures.
- As required provide support to the recruitment of proposed personnel for technical proposals.
- Supervise the work of proposal consultants.
- Other tasks as required by the Busines Development Director.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience. Graduate level degree preferred.
- years’ experience serving as a proposal manager for large scale, multi-year USAID funded contracts above $10M required.
- BD experience with other major international development donors highly desirable.
- Knowledgeable in economic growth or monitoring and evaluation a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent planning and time management skills. Ability to multi-task with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and maintain quality, detail and organization across multiple assignments.
- Ability to supervise a team, building strong cross-functional relationships within the home office.
- Fluency in English. Bilingual in French, Spanish or Arabic a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Analytically focused, visionary and energetic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.