CDL A Truck Driver
Job category: Warehouse
Job Type: Full Time
Sonco Pipe and Tube is the leading supplier of commercial quality and galvanized steel tubing, to manufacturers and metal distributors in many diverse consumer and industrial markets.
This position would cover the Northeast and Atlantic regions. The driver will operate 26-foot flatbed truck with Conestoga roll top, in the transportation of pipe and tubes. Typically includes early AM start, assisting customers in unloading when necessary and making scheduled delivers of freight to customers. Occasional tracker trailer driving is required. The job will require a high level of safety awareness. Drivers are expected to operate vehicles in compliance with company, Federal, State, and local laws with regards to run times and Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Regulations.
- Class A CDL license
- Clean driving record
- Must have 3 years of verifiable driving experience
- Experience with E- Logs
- Experience operating a tractor trailer
- Maintain a good image of the company through professional driving, ensuring safety and reliability
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work environment
- Applicants must be willing to submit to pre-employment drug and alcohol screens. As well as DOT physical, MVR and background check.
- Health and wellness benefits to include medical, dental, prescription, vision, life insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Saving Accounts
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement and company match
SONCO encourages a spirit of cooperation and teamwork and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, and public interest focus in helping SONCO fulfill its mission.
We are an equal employment opportunity and E-Verify employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law