Certified Nursing Assistant/ Team Lead
Job category: Medical
Job Type: Full Time
*** $1,000 Sign on Bonus if HIRED before September 13, 2021 ***
*** New Starting Wages of $17.50 and up! ***
Verland is now hiring full time Certified Nursing Assistant/ Team Lead Professionals to join our ICF division (Intermediate Care Facility) to assist individuals with their everyday life. We lean on our professionals to support and encourage individuals with intellectual disabilities to become as independent as possible.
Verland provides care for adults and children with intellectual, medical and /or physical disabilities, 47 homes across Southwestern Pennsylvania. Verland is proud to serve residential and day programs in multiple locations including Allegheny, Beaver, Mercer, Fayette counties. We are a non – profit organization with over 40 years of exceptional service and support to the residents that call Verland home.
Join our compassionate, inclusive, dedicated and professional team. To learn more about Verland, visit our website www.Verland.org
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Team Lead Professional duties include:
- Support the clinical team by obtaining vital signs, G-tube monitoring and maintenance, positioning, assist in medication administration, glucometer reading, bladder scans, urine and stool samples
- Provide support to new hires and DSPs to foster teamwork and collaboration with care
- Enrich and support the lives of our residents while maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- Introduce and encourage skill development through active treatment activities
- Implement individualized programs; record all observations and daily progress notes.
- Participate in planning social, home, and recreational activities
- Assist with meals and perform cleaning and laundry duties in the house
- Transport clients to appointments and activities in Verland vehicles
- Bathe, dress, and assist clients with personal hygiene
- Housekeeping duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- $1,000 Sign on Bonus
- $1,000 Employee Referral (for successfully* referring someone to employment)
- Up to $2/hr. Shift Differential (based on working shift)
- Up to an extra $2,080 a year in lieu of Health Insurance coverage (see benefits below)
Minimum of 24 hours worked and employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health (UPMC), Dental (Delta Dental) and Vision Insurances
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 403B – Traditional and Roth with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive PTO Plan
- 8 Paid Holidays
Verland is truly STATE OF THE HEART!
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable means of transportation
- Ability to lift 50lbs and transfer without restrictions
- Must pass a complete Background and Drug screening
- Experience is not required!
What does C.A.R.E mean to you? Does the words Compassion, Advocacy, Responsibility, and Empathy come to mind? If any of these words describe you and what you stand for, then you are what we are looking for at Verland. We give you the tools and training to help turn your existing skills into a rewarding career.
At Verland the relationship between our professionals and our individuals is really “like family”.
Up to 2 weeks paid training provided by Verland, to educate new hires on daily living skills, social engagement, personal hygiene skills, along with each individual’s support plan/ personal development goals that are essential to improve the daily lives of the individuals that we serve.
** Completion of training is required at the start of employment **