CHELCO seeks an Administrative Support Specialist
Job category: Customer Service
Job Type: Full Time
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
Are you friendly? Do you enjoy completing clerical tasks? Are you computer savvy? This may be the career for you!
CHELCO seeks an Administrative Support Specialist.
As an Administrative Support Specialist, you would:
• Open and close CHELCO facilities.
• Respond to and direct walk-in customer traffic.
• Provide clerical support to all departments as needed or scheduled, including red flag data control when scanning/indexing.
• Pick up, sort, and deliver mail to all departments while operating a cooperative vehicle.
• Act as Emergency Communicator during emergencies and perform duties as assigned by CHELCO’s Emergency Action Plans.
The minimum requirements for the position is a high school diploma or eqv. Must have knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing, managing/organizing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology. The desired candidate will have the following qualifications/skills:
• Must have basic knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
• Communicate with tact, professionalism, and respect.
• Proficiency with computers and software such as Windows, and Microsoft Office programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
• Should have strength in detail orientation.
• Valid driver’s license preferred.
CHELCO is located in Northwest, Florida. The area offers outstanding recreational, cultural, and educational opportunities. CHELCO is a MEMBER-OWNED, not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative employing more than 170 people and serving more than 62,000 accounts in Walton, Okaloosa, Holmes and Santa Rosa counties in the panhandle of Florida. CHELCO strives to continuously promote the quality of life for our members, employees, and communities. We are a company dedicated to ensuring member satisfaction, safety, and reliability while controlling costs for our members.
Why Should You Apply? This job will give you the opportunity to . . .
• Work for a progressive, community-focused company
• Work with a strong, goal-oriented, experienced team
• Contribute to the quality of life of our members, community, and employees
• Receive exceptional benefits and competitive pay
CHELCO proudly offers its employees medical, dental, vision, flexible savings or health savings account, NRECA pension plan, 401k with company match, life insurance, short-term disability, education/professional development, wellness and safety program incentives, generous paid time off, volunteer time off, and ten paid holidays a year.
The normal workweek is Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm at the CHELCO Headquarters building in DeFuniak Springs. Work must be performed at a designated worksite location.
Applications accepted from 07/26/2023 through 4:00 pm 08/09/2023. Apply at http://www.chelco.com/careers. Resumes and cover letters only with a completed application. Questions? Call HR, 850-307-1127. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified. Drug-Free Workplace-Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/Disability/Veteran.