Chief Executive Office
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Founded in 1962, the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation is the nation’s oldest and largest provider of need-based scholarships to military children. With scholarship recipients in all 50 states and an annual award output in excess of $8 million, the Foundation’s historic success has long been rooted in an active community of donors, volunteers, Marines, and their families coast to coast. Today, the Scholarship Foundation’s mission continues to grow at an exciting pace with an increasingly national focus. Since 1962 the Scholarship Foundation has awarded over 47,000 scholarships valued in excess of $145,000,000 to the children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen that serve in Marine units.
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation is currently seeking a seasoned President and Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the Board of Directors, and working with the Advisory Board, the President and CEO will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Scholarship Foundation’s staff of approximately 30 employees, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission; ensuring it is capable of delivering on its long-term vision. Specifically, working with the Vice President for Operations and the Vice President for Development, the President and CEO ensures that the Scholarship Foundation’s finances, operations, investor development and stewardship, brand positioning and marketing, events, human resources, technology and data operations, and programs are strategically planned and aligned as well as effectively implemented across all segments of the organization. Specific qualifications include:
- At least 15 to 20 years of overall professional leadership experience.
- A strong affiliation with the United States Marine Corps.
- Experience in a leadership role for a non-profit organization; knowledge and familiarity with an education-based non-profit would be ideal.
- Knowledge of the mechanisms of major gift and planned gift fundraising; experience developing a planned giving society preferred.
- Significant Board development, fundraising, marketing/branding, and fiscal management experience.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser.
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions.
- Commitment to the principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as they relate to the organization’s mission and values.
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with a Master’s degree or related advanced degree.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation. All of DRi‘s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to email@example.com.