Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
The University of Pittsburgh’s Information Technology department seeks a new member of our in-house creative team to develop content for timely print and online campaigns related to IT services, software, and cybersecurity within the University.
Reporting to the department’s Marketing Communication Manager, the Content Specialist is primarily responsible for copywriting, executing, and measuring the effectiveness of marketing communications that present technical information to non-technical audiences, and coordinating the department’s participation in campus events. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with a keen eye for detail, has a passion for social media and creating compelling content, has strong written and verbal communication skills, has an aptitude for team collaboration and meeting deadlines, and is self-motivated with superior organization and time-management abilities. Candidates must also demonstrate expertise in copywriting, proofreading, and editing materials to ensure consistency and adherence to style guidelines, along with accuracy in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation, organization, etc.
Key responsibilities include:
• Writing and distributing technically accurate, well-written, simple, and appealing content aimed at increasing awareness and adoption of the department’s vast offerings among students, faculty, and staff
• Identifying, prioritizing, and repurposing content across all channels
• Tracking and analyzing metrics to measure the impact of content marketing efforts
• Coordinating all facets of the department’s participation in campus events
• Planning content themes/calendars and composing authentic, creative, relevant, and timely social media posts to raise engagement on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter
• Maintaining a cohesive voice appropriate to each platform
• Seeking and building relationships with social media influencers
• Monitoring activities and redirecting messages and comments that require a response
• Remaining current on new trends in digital marketing and social media
Please include a writing sample with application. Candidates invited for an interview will be expected to show a portfolio of writing samples. Applicants should include salary requirements in cover letter.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Requires a bachelor’s degree in communication, creative writing, marketing, public relations, or a comparable field from an accredited college or university—along with a minimum of three years of direct, recent experience writing promotional copy, developing digital content, and analyzing metrics. Must have a deep understanding of and experience using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and emerging social media platforms to engage with various audiences. Must also be proficient with Microsoft Office, have experience editing digital images using software such as Photoshop, and be knowledgeable in social media/web analytics. Familiarity with digital photography, Adobe Creative Suite, Box document collaboration, Drupal, Hootsuite, and/or Salesforce Social Studio is a plus. Experience in the information technology industry preferred.