Convention Services Manager
Job category: Planner
Job Type: Full Time
Location:Washington, District of Columbia
Must have flexible schedule. Nights and weekends are expected.
- Must have 1 year of staff management experience. Internships and classroom time can be substituted for work experience.
- Excellent communication skill with the ability to motivate and develop subordinates.
- Conference set up or event management experience required.
- Ability to adapt to change and the confidence to make swift sound decisions.
- Effective time management skills.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads, demonstrates and the willingness to do the work required of others.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Major / General Function:
- Supervise the activity of the floor staff to include, shift leaders and event set up personnel recommending measures to improve the productivity and increase overall department efficiency.
- Ensure the information on the banquet event order is completed exactly as stated.
- Meet with department manager regarding current events and personnel changes and or challenges.
- Attend various meetings in place of the Conference Service Manager, to include BEO, Staff and pre conference meetings.
- Participate in implementing and enforcing department goals, policies and procedures.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to complete assigned task in timely manor.
- Excellent internal and external client relation competence.
- Complete call log sheet for the Convention Service Manager.
- Conduct daily pre shift with staff at the beginning of their shift as well as log all information in the logbook.
- Record all information for the call center log with regard to changes, additions and special request from the Event Managers or Sales Managers.
- Keep accurate records during the all shifts assigned to work including, weekends and holidays of any call center information.
- Ensure back of the house hallways are kept organized and clean at all times.
- Communicate with cleaning Manager on duty.
- Produce the meeting room floor grid for the next shift and inform the oncoming Manager or Supervisor of the activities for the day.
- Communicate all employee needs to the Convention Service Manager.
- Inspect the storage closet in all meeting rooms; ensure the table pads, chemical and skirt areas are maintained.
- Over see the cleanliness of the locker rooms.
- Inventory of the following equipment pitcher and water glass doilies, candy, pad of paper and pens.
- Assign events floor personnel to remove any scuffmarks or stains from the meeting room carpets and walls.
- Attend and have input for the weekly department meeting.
- Assist the Convention Service Manager with quarterly equipment inventory.
- Maintain a professional presence, which includes personal hygiene, neat and clean clothing, limited jewelry and well-groomed facial hair.
- Assist in directing department personnel; always remember to set the example in job performance.
- Notify the Convention Service Manager of all policy violations having adverse effect on the daily operation of the building operating performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Convention Service Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $49,000.00 /year