Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
JOB TITLE: Cost Analyst
This position is contingent upon contract award
- Cost Analysts supporting the program business manager with cost estimating and the formulation of the programs budget and financial obligations, as well as providing advice in all areas of program cost analysis, schedule, and performance.
- The analyst will utilize the acquisition life cycle, system life cycle costs, and budget execution of military and commercial systems, and apply the Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution System (PPBES) to DOD acquisition programs; review project/program/product costs; and establish the required funding, schedule, performance, and supportability requirements throughout the acquisition life cycle.
- Perform a variety of cost and economic analyses (i.e., parametric cost estimating, cost and schedule estimating, life cycle cost analysis, cost estimating relationship development, model development, cost risk analysis, project forecasting, risk assessment, cost-benefit analysis and software cost estimating).
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with integrated cost, schedule, and risk assessment metrics; use cost estimating tools and decision support software (i.e., Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools (ACEIT) and Logical Decisions for Windows); perform comprehensive cost analysis and modeling supporting acquisition requirements; provide independent analysis of requirements, use and correctly apply appropriate cost estimating methodologies, and develop logical cost estimates that are defensible and supportable.
- Perform cost estimation and/or analysis using a variety of techniques (i.e., modeling, parametric analysis, engineering estimates, learning curve, risk analysis, and cost estimating relationships) for military systems acquisition in order to develop Life Cycle Cost Estimates (LCCEs), Independent Cost Estimates (ICEs)/Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs), Total Ownership Costs (TOCs), and/or Enterprise Agreements (EAs) for use in Business Case Analysis (BCAs), Cost Benefit Analyses (CBAs), Return On Investment (ROI) calculation, Best Value determination, risk assessments, Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs), and/or program budget development.
- Develop and maintain life cycle cost estimates and conduct life cycle costs analyses in support of selected programs, and analyze impacts to budget revisions.
- Execute budget formulation, justification, presentation, and other execution activities in support of the PPBE process, and recommend courses of action to minimize adverse effects to program execution.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Active SECRET Clearance
- BS/BA degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business, or a related discipline
- Possess demonstrated expertise with the Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tools (ACEIT) suite
- Demonstrated experience working with integrated cost, schedule, and risk assessment metrics
WORK LOCATION: Stafford, VA
KEY WORDS: CBD, life cycle cost analysis, cost estimating relationship development, model development, cost risk analysis, project forecasting, PPBE
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.