Customer Service Associate
Job category: Customer Service
Job Type: Full Time
The Customer Service Associate will be responsible for providing many levels of support and coordination to the Barclay Sales and Service team, including but not limited to: order entry, order fulfillment/warehouse communications, logistics, billing, and management of customer order inquiries. Applicant must have a positive/helpful attitude, and flexibility to help our small but dynamic team in any way possible. This individual must also have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and possess solid technical skills, including proficiency with a variety of computer programs and databases.
The position is focused on ensuring that orders are efficiently processed and billed to secure revenue for the company and to maintain customer satisfaction and retention. Must be able to contribute to group and interdepartmental workflow to ensure all elements are handled according to process and schedule.
- Process customer price quotes and sales orders
- Coordinate, schedule and prioritize customer sales orders with team members on a daily basis
- Work with sales representatives on inquires that they may have on a daily basis
- Work with internal departments to ensure all orders are closed correctly and following the internal checklists and processes
- Service the Customer in all aspects by:
- receiving and responding to incoming calls and emails regarding product orders, inquiries, shipments, returns/exchanges and any other pertinent information
- act as a back-up by administering all sales/office duties in Management’s absence, which may include handling the more difficult customer orders, complaints, return policies, and accounts receivable questions and decisions.
- Maintain customer database
- Prepare customer invoices for completed orders
- Process freight invoices and resolve billing issues
- Assist in the maintenance of water treatment agreements
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of operations or administrative responsibilities required
- Ability to understand the products, customers, competitors, and processes and make decisions based on that knowledge required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual able to work independently
- Effective at performing detail-oriented tasks
- Ability to work in a high demand environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and balance workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and be a team player
- Good organization skills and attention to detail required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (617) 744-3450.
An Employee-Owned Company