Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Washington DC Area, District of Columbia
JOB TITLE: Database Developer
This position is contingent upon contract award
Database Developer to support Joint Program Manager CBD in Edgewood, MD, Stafford, VA, San Diego, CA, and Washington, D.C. The Developer will plan and deliver customer support services at the point of computer user/specialist interface, including installation and maintenance of networking assets, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training. Additionally, the developer will plan and deliver customer support services at the point of computer user/specialist interface, including installation and maintenance of networking assets, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as network administrator, responsible for configuring hubs and switches, monitoring network performance, performing network diagnostics, analyzing network traffic patterns, and installing network software fixes and upgrades.
- Develop and maintain documentation regarding network configurations and operating procedures to maintain network reliability.
- Develop plans and procedures for remote installation of applications and upgrades using state-of-the-art software distribution methods.
- Review, analyze, and provide comment on design packages for emergency management response and warning equipment installation at military bases.
- Work in conjunction with project teams to implement defined technical activities (i.e., enhancing or designing solutions for customers and conducting transition or transformation activities for new applications).
- Evaluate and resolve hardware and software issues at project status meetings, serving as the Installation Protection Integration Platform subject matter expert and representing the systems engineering team.
- Manage all C2 host systems installations and configurations in the test bed and all C2 software variants and patches.
- Provide technical support for Developmental Test (DT), User Demonstration (UD), User Feedback Event (UFE), Operational Assessment (OA) and Operational Test (OT) events (e.g., installing or re-installing operating systems, diagnosis of Information Technology (IT) software and hardware issues, applying software patches, etc.).
- Support program Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) and program planning meetings.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Secret
- Minimum Security Clearance Level Secret
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management, Information Systems Management, or a related discipline.
- Possess at least five (5) years of hands-on experience and/or supervisory experience with:
- Data modeling and data administration tools (e.g., PowerDesigner, Erwin, Rational Rose, Embarcadero, System Architect, Data Architect, etc.)
- Data dictionary maintenance
- Technical, process, and business metadata management, either with custom applications or tools (e.g., Adaptive, PowerDesigner Repository, Collibra, Informatica Metadata Manager, ModelMart, etc.)
- Business process design for management of master data throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including data quality, metadata, and workflow technologies (e.g., PowerDesigner, BPwin, Rational Rose, Visio, 6 Sigma, etc.)
- Experience in:
- Systems analysis and design in medium or large systems environments
- Monitoring and using CASE tools for the development and documentation of data architectures and detailed data models
- Data modeling methods and tools (e.g., Erwin, DBDesigner, etc.)
- Object-Oriented Methodology
- Development and scripting in Unix and SQL
- Use of using MySQL/PostgreSQL in a Ruby in Rails environment
- Partnership development with interagency stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience using MySQL/PostgreSQL in a Ruby in Rails environment to conduct program management activities.
- Advanced skills in:
- Analysis and query scripting languages for MySQL/PostgreSQL databases
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)/XML Schema Documentation (XSD) and XML Schemas
- Understanding of the use of XML/XSD and XML schemas in software project management.
- Expert knowledge of Open Source Business Intelligence (BI) and Extract Transform and Load (ETL) tools (e.g., Jaspersoft, etc.), as well as their corresponding outputs.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense (JPEO-CBRND) programs is desired.
WORK LOCATION: Washington DC
WBB is a technical and management consulting company that provides innovative products and services that solve government and commercial customers toughest problems. For more than 30 years, WBB has set the standard for excellence in consulting services, while providing its employees with an outstanding work environment with ample opportunities for growth and success. WBB continues to enjoy impressive growth, which is directly attributed to the companys hiring practice of always hiring the very best professionals from government, military and industry.
We are proud of our diverse environment and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. WBB is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. WBB participates in E-Verify.
WBB does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of WBB and WBB will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.