Delivery Driver ($1,000 Signing Bonus)
Job category: Food Services
Job Type: Full Time
Greensboro, North Carolina
Food Express, Inc. a rapidly expanding Contract Food Service and Vending Company is looking fora qualified Delivery Driver. If you are a self-motivated, dependable individual, with a well-groomed appearance, you are who we are looking for.
Job Title: Delivery Driver
Department: Warehouse Supervision and Packout
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
CDL CLASS B DRIVERS LICENSE REQUIRED
Summary: Delivery of product to Food Express Depot’s and Amazon locations.
Hours: Thursday- Saturday 8pm – 6:30am
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Load Money from Route Lockers into Money Trains and load on Trailer.
- Assist Warehouse employees with wrapping of tote pallets.
- Load product totes from Warehouse onto Delivery truck.
- Load Fresh Food from cooler onto Delivery truck.
- Unload product and money trains at each depot and Amazon location and store in appropriate Warehouse/storerooms.
- Load return product and return money trains.
- Unload money trains after return to Main Warehouse and secure in Drop Room.
- Accurately maintain daily DOT log.
- Keeps vehicle operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive maintenance, scheduling repairs with Service Manager.
- Maintains safe standards at all company locations, client locations and in company vehicles
as well as state and local rules and regulations.
Supervisory responsibilities: N/A
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or equivalency is required.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. .
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal independently with minor problems and requests from customers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Clean Driving Record, Valid CDL Driving License, DOT Medical Card
Mental and Physical Demands: The mental and physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent driving in all traffic conditions
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Frequent bending or reaching for objects overhead – may require use of step stool
- Working with moving mechanical parts and sharp objects.
- Lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
- Working around heat and steam for short periods of time.
- Working around extreme cold for short periods of time.
- Working with frequent interruptions and distractions.
Background checks and drug screening are required.
We offer the following benefits:
- Paid Vacations and Personal Time off.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- College Scholarship Program for children of employees