Director of Development, Northeast
Job category: Other
Job Type: Full Time
Marines make legendary sacrifices; sending their children to school shouldn’t be one of them. That’s why the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation was established in 1962 to honor Marines by educating their children. The Scholarship Foundation is the nation’s oldest and largest provider of need-based scholarships to military children and the only scholarship program awarding 100% of all eligible applicants. The 47,000 scholarships it has awarded, valued at nearly $147 million, have delivered impact far beyond tuition assistance. They give opportunity to born leaders to create transformational outcomes. A trusted investment with high marks from leading charity watchdogs and a proven steward driven by powerful success metrics, the Scholarship Foundation creates inspiring results for Marine and Navy Corpsmen families and America’s future.
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation seeks a Director of Development to help enhance its high-level individual investor program, maximizing support for MCSF’s mission and vision. The Director of Development will leverage existing relationships in the Northeastern United States while also generating new support, to complete a $225M fundraising campaign. The Director of Development will build upon and implement a high-level investor pipeline management system, engage leaders and senior staff from across MCSF, and personally cultivate prospects. Qualifications include:
- At least 4 years of experience in non-profit development or the equivalent face-to-face sales experience with proven revenue results.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, cultivate, and steward long-term investor relationships that expand an investor base, increase revenue, and advance foundation goals.
- Record of soliciting and securing 5- and 6-figure gifts; experience soliciting both annual and campaign gifts is useful.
- Experience in and exposure to the Marine Corps/military service is preferred; passion for serving Marine Corps families is essential.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or customer tracking databases.
- Collaborative style that supports information sharing and a team-based approach to fundraising.
- Record of partnering with senior leaders and Board members to meet revenue targets and to deepen stakeholder engagement in an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
To apply, please visit https://driconsulting.com/position/mcsf-director-of-development/.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation.