Director, Serving Together
Job category: Health Care
Job Type: Full Time
Rockville , Maryland
Want to make a difference? Come be a part of the amazing work EveryMind is accomplishing!
EveryMind is hiring a ServingTogether Director to join our ServingTogether team. ServingTogether provides education, information, referrals and coordination of resources for veterans, service members and their families throughout the National Capital Region. The ServingTogether Director will be responsible for strategic oversight, implementation, administration, and supervision of ServingTogether.
Why Join EveryMind?
EveryMind is a growing private independent nonprofit organization with 160 employees across 20 locations. We have served the community for almost 65 years by strengthening communities and empowering individuals to reach optimal mental wellness. We were recognized as a Top Place to work in Montgomery County, Maryland by Bethesda Magazine. EveryMind is consistently recognized for being an excellent place to work, offering a positive workplace culture and a competitive compensation package that is meant to provide a great lifework balance.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
- A Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K matching benefit
- Highly Generous Leave Schedule (Vacation, Sick, Wellness Days, Holidays, Birthday leave, and much more)
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Discount Program
- A Great Place to Work
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative oversight for ServingTogether, providing vision and strategic guidance to support program development and implementation as well as program growth and expansion. Effectively manage growth and expansion of the department.
- Establish and maintain strategic community relationships and partnerships with various key customers – funders, partners, military leaders, elected officials, etc. – for ServingTogether and EveryMind.
- Support the ServingTogether team by providing leadership and vision. Directly supervise Managers, both in their day-to-day roles and responsibilities as well as to support their professional development and growth.
- Develop, manage, and oversee the ServingTogether budget. Manage business and financial controls and ensure ServingTogether is well-positioned to respond strategically to changing needs locally, regionally, and nationally and fluctuations in funding.
- Support and oversee measurement and evaluation for ServingTogether, including ongoing analysis of data outputs, outcomes, and impact to drive and inform programming and decision-making.
- Collaborate with the Development & Communications department on fundraising (including grants), communications, and marketing efforts.
- Lead various meetings for ServingTogether and is a member of EveryMind’s senior leadership team. Participate in community boards, committees, and task forces as relevant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in human services or related field preferred, not required.
- A minimum of 3 years of leadership and management experience required, including leadership within or of a program/department.
- Understanding of the military and veteran community is required.
Detail oriented, process driven individual with proven track record of developing strategy, team leadership, project management, growing a donor portfolio, and securing major gifts are essential. Excellent writing and editing skills in addition to organizational skills and the flexibility to prioritize changing circumstances in a positive, focused, and timely manner. A creative, independent, self-motivated, adaptable individual will be most successful.
Effectively interact and work collaboratively in a flexible work environment with a variety of constituents including CEO, board members, clients and family members or caretakers, interns, volunteers, paid staff, and community partners. Ability to express ideas with clarity, confidence and sensitivity. Must be able to maintain confidentiality involving clients in accordance with organizational and federal guidelines. Familiarity with working and hiring interns and volunteers. Able to supervise multiple people.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job’s duties, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger dexterity, handle with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, kneel, crouch, or talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds frequently. The job’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is also required to travel to different locations. Therefore, the employee must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.