District Sales Manager
Job category: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Los Angeles, California
Under the direction of the General Manager – JFW West, the District Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the revenue, gross margin, and net profit goals for their assigned stores as agreed upon by the Regional Sales Manager. They are responsible for promoting and safeguarding satisfactory and profitable long-term relations with our customers. They must ensure that all inventory is properly managed, received, displayed, safeguarded, and always accounted for. Additionally, they will serve to help administer and coordinate necessary planning, staffing, organization, training, direction and control to meet sales and operational goals of the company. This position supervises Store Managers in their assigned stores.
- Selling directly in a fitness store and sales management of all stores assigned to the District Manager.
- Ensure that sales, gross profit, and net profit goals are met through personal efforts as well as proper supervision and direction.
- Ensure the quality servicing of customers by personal involvement and monitoring the performance of those individuals reporting to this position.
- Identify quality, timeliness, or perceived value problems reported by customers, as well as requests for new products and services.
- Ensure that direct customer relationships are positive, productive, and profitable.
- Ensure that all inventories are properly recorded, tracked, and secured from receipt to sale.
- Develop and implement programs designed to minimize external and internal losses and/or inventory shrinkage.
- Make recommendations as to the most effective store layout possible.
- Ensure adequate, competent staffing of Store Managers and Fitness Consultants while achieving or exceeding labor expense goals. The District Sales Manager may be required to work at a store location for coverage if needed.
- Review training and skill levels of staff and take the appropriate steps to fulfill training needs.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees.
- Hold regular meetings to keep staff informed as to any updates, changes and/or the overall direction of the company.
- Ensure that interior and exterior maintenance and housekeeping is performed on a routine and acceptable basis.
- Ensure that the proper image is portrayed through the appearance, maintenance and upkeep of the staff, building, and grounds.
- Assist key personnel in resolving problem areas.
- Ensure that all cash, check, credit card, and financing transactions are properly recorded, reconciled, and deposited in compliance with company procedures.
- Delegate responsibilities to key employees in a manner that ensure they understand their tasks and roles, and in which control is maintained by the District Sales Manager through accountability.
- Make recommendations for and attend such training as is needed for the District Sales Manager and their subordinates to keep them proficient in all areas of responsibility.
- Is aware of the general employee morale and initiates whatever procedures are necessary to improve and maintain an acceptable level.
- Effectively develop Business Development strategies and market/store specific promotional concepts that result in a positive ROI.
- Develop a clear marketing and advertising strategy designed to ensure continued growth in revenues and profits while minimize competitive intrusion in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager.
- Develop a solid understanding of the merchandise offered by the store and the benefits thereof by studying manuals, literature, videos, and other available sources of information.
- Monitor sales results for potential improvements and variances from plan and takes appropriate actions.
- Monitor competitive activity in the market and identify new competition and/or changes in competitor’s activities.
- Maintain strong customer relationships and develop programs for attracting new customers.
- Research, suggest, and assist in expanding the current customer base.
- Ensure the pricing structure for products and services is competitive, and that profitability is maintained in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager.
- Stay current on industry trends.
- Act as a positive representative of the company in all settings and interactions.
- Keep the Regional Sales Manager informed as to all pertinent factors affecting the assigned responsibilities.
- Perform any other related or unrelated, unassigned, unspecified, unusual, or special duty the Regional Sales Manager may assign from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred; however, extensive experience in retail or business to business sales industry may substitute.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2 plus years of sales management experience with a multi-unit retailer or multi-market business to business sales organization is preferred.
- Ability to manage the operational and sales segments of the business.
- Knowledge and ability to implement appropriate training, motivation, sales and other personnel procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Background in Iridium preferred
- A valid driver’s license is required for travel
- Full insurance benefits; including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- Paid holidays and vacation
- 401(k) for your retirement