Job category: Electrical
Job Type: Full Time
HBI is currently seeking an Electrical Instructor for Tecumseh Correctional Facility Career Center in Tecumseh, NE.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Career Development Coordinator (RCDC), and the general supervision of the Regional Program Manager, instructs program participants, incarcerated individuals, in Pre- Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT). Trains program participants in building trades. Provides assessment of potential participants, and assessment of active participants’ progress. Accountable for participant’s ability to perform satisfactorily when placed on the job at the completion of training. Handles confidential information.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Develops training program, lesson plans, participant/applicant records, training site materials, etc. to become familiar with training sequence, participant skill levels and field site training requirements.
- Instructs participants using HBI Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) curriculum. Develops supporting materials as needed for use with HBI curriculum, emphasizing proper use of tools and hardware, equipment care, safety, and standard building practices.
- Coordinates on-site training activities with other trades and with other organizations.
- Maintains trainee Skill Achievement Records weekly and participant profiles, in order to provide workplace competency development reporting to both trainee and potential employers.
- Consults with RCDC and RPC on trainee social service needs, as needed.
Internal: Communicates with the Regional Career Development Coordinator, Regional Placement Coordinator and Regional Program Manager
External: Communicates with staff of funding and partner agencies other providers, probation officers, prospective and/or current employers of program graduates, case management agencies and organizations providing “live work” opportunities.
High School Diploma/equivalent.
- Five years of documented experience in the required trade area required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of industry and human service groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate effectively with students.
- Current valid state driver’s license.
- Active CPR and First Aid Certification preferred.
- Experience using computers and MS Office software.
- Depending on program or funder requirements, may need to complete Protective Action Response training, an extensive criminal background screening, and/or a workplace productivity assessment.
2-year contract. Usual office-type and/or working conditions in a hands-on classroom or training site setting. Some disagreeable weather conditions may exist due to the geographic location of the position. Routine physical conditions include walking, carrying, standing, hearing/listening and sitting.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.