Job category: Electrical
Job Type: Full Time
San Francisco, California
Under general supervision, performs repair, maintenance and alterations of electrical equipment including toll equipment and facilities on the bridge, shops, roadways, administration building and other District offices.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT(S) MUST BE SUBMITTED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
1. Employment Application
2. Union Referral Letter from IBEW Local 6 (attach to your online application)
3. State of California General Electrician Certification (attach to your online application).
4. DMV K4 Driving Report – Only printed from any DMV office or official DMV kiosk – NOT printed at home. DMV K4 Printout must dated within 30 days from the date of job posting. A complete DMV K4 will have the word ***END*** at the bottom of the report (attach to your online application).
• Performs routine maintenance on all electrical and related equipment, according to established maintenance schedule, for bridge facilities and buildings and for other divisions as requested.
• Inspects and repairs electrical motors, transformers, switch gear, heating, ventilating and air conditioning controls, alarms, signal systems, navigation aids, roadway lighting.
• Performs alteration work and other duties, as direct or requested, on all District offices, terminals and facilities.
• Knows and follows the safety and health rules and safe working practices applicable to his or her job.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with District employees, customers, vendors and all others contacted during the course of work using principles of excellent customer service.
• Performs additional related duties as assigned.
• Regular and reliable attendance and performance is required.
Education and/or Experience:
• Completed a minimum of a four-year electrical apprenticeship program or four years of position related experience
• Successfully passed the Inside Wireman’s Examination
• One year of journey-level electrician experience and prefer some recent experience in construction
Required License: Must possess and maintain a current and satisfactory driving record. No reckless driving and DUI infractions within the last 7 years. No more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years. Operates District vehicles on a frequent basis
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work comfortably at considerable heights. Climb and walk on the Bridge cables and ladders. Position requires frequent bending and reaching. Work is performed outside in varying weather conditions. Works on other District facilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Occupational health and safety rules and working practices applicable to this position.
• Methods, tools and practices of electrical trade; familiarity with volt ohmmeters and meg ohm meters.
• Codes and applicable safe working practices.
• Motors and associated controls experience with PLC’s desirable.
Skill in or Ability to:
– Read and understand working drawings and schematics for electrical work, layout and be able to plan work.
– Perform shift work.
– Communicate effectively.
– Complete paperwork as required.
– Work effectively and professionally with District employees and all others encountered in the course of work.