ENVIRONMENTAL/LEGIONELLA COMPLIANCE ENGINEER
Job category: Customer Service
Job Type: Full Time
, New York
ENVIRONMENTAL/LEGIONELLA COMPLIANCE ENGINEER – NYC
BARCLAY WATER MANAGEMENT, INC. For nearly a century Barclay Water Management, Inc. has been recognized as a leading provider of water treatment programs to protect water and steam heat exchangers and related piping systems. The company’s Environmental Group develops custom water hygiene programs to minimize the risks associated with Legionella bacteria and other waterborne pathogens in building water systems. Barclay provides environmental consulting services for nearly 100 area hospitals in greater NYC and NJ.
This position would work with the greater NYC account teams to ensure water sample testing is done on the contracted or scheduled basis. A typical day would be visiting 1 or 2 hospitals, collecting samples from designated sample points within these hospitals, and working with our lab teams/couriers to get the water samples to the labs for evaluation. The results of this testing are used to help ensure our clients are maintaining the appropriate level of compliance.
• Travelling to customer sites to collect water samples. At the site you will be interfacing with facility engineers, infectious control managers, others
• Shipping water samples to laboratory for testing
• Document field service activities
• Assist local Barclay field engineers with identifying potential new opportunities within existing accounts.
• B.S. degree required, degree in environmental, biology or chemistry would be preferred, but not required
• A background in water treatment is helpful but not required
• A minimum of 3 years work experience is preferred
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
Barclay Water Management, Inc. offers an attractive base salary, mileage reimbursement, and an excellent benefits package which includes an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax (617) 744-3450.
An Employee Owned Company