Executive Director, Generation Park – North Campus
Job category: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
San Jacinto College
Equal Opportunity Statement: The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
RELATIONSHIPS & PARTNERSHIPS
- Communicates effectively with campus stakeholders, including the college leadership, faculty and staff, students, and the local community.
- Serves as an active participant and spokesperson for San Jacinto College in business, educational, community, and civic organizations.
- Develops, maintains, and supports working partnerships with the community, business, industry, and other educational organizations to promote San Jacinto College and to ensure adequate market penetration
VISION & STRATEGIC PLANNING
- Implements the College’s annual strategic plan and demonstrates through long term and annual operational plans how the annual priorities will be achieved on campus.
- Champions cultural and organizational change within the College to implement the one-college vision.
- Implements programs and services that support the accomplishment of the College’s mission, the continuation of the College’s accreditation status, and meet the community needs.
- Creates a culture that embraces change readiness, high performance, teamwork, and increased individual and organizational productivity.
- Builds an agile organization to ensure successful execution of the College’s strategic plan.
TEACHING, LEARNING, & ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
- Works collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and staff to provide a supportive and rigorous teaching and learning environment from the classroom to an effective array of student support services.
- Ensures that all elements necessary for a quality teaching and learning environment are successfully implemented.
- Recommends strategies to meet the needs of a diverse community and student body.
- Creates developmental opportunities to offer professional and personal growth for campus stakeholders.
- Fosters a campus climate that is consistent with the College’s core values and promotes a college-wide approach.
- Creates open communication avenues throughout the campus and College.
- Champions the achievement of equity among diverse populations.
- Serves or chairs and supports participation in governing councils or committees as required.
- Works collaboratively with Provosts, officers of the Faculty Senate, Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Services, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Teaching and Learning, Associate Vice Chancellor for College Preparatory, and Vice Chancellor of Strategic Initiatives to ensure college-wide perspective while considering individual campus needs.
- Assures adherence to College policies and procedures and assumes compliance with rules, regulations, and laws of federal, state, and accrediting agencies.
FINANCE, TECHNOLOGY, & PLANNING
- Works collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and staff in campus planning in accordance with the College’s strategic plan and other college priorities.
- Serves as the campus liaison for the planning and development of new facilities, expansion, remodeling, and technology initiatives.
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req1869
Posting Close Date: 7/11/2019
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Earned doctorate from an accredited institution.
- Valid driver’s license due to frequent travel.