Executive Director, Generation Park – North Campus
Job category: Manager
Job Type: Full Time
San Jacinto College
Equal Opportunity Statement: The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
RELATIONSHIPS & PARTNERSHIPS
- Communicates effectively with campus stakeholders, including the college leadership, faculty and staff, students, and the local community.
- Serves as an active participant and spokesperson for San Jacinto College in business, educational, community, and civic organizations.
- Develops, maintains, and supports working partnerships with the community, business, industry, and other educational organizations to promote San Jacinto College and to ensure adequate market penetration
- Champions and coordinates the delivery of campus offerings, programs, and services that respond to the changing needs of community, business, and industry.
- Supports the expansion of regional partnerships and connections to enhance the breadth and image of workforce training programs with students and employers.
- Develops business and professional partnerships with the corporate community through contract training.
- Develops industry contacts for expanding the use of the Generation Park campus.
- Markets the services and training opportunities at local, professional, business, and industrial venues (e.g. legislators, business leaders, chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, and bankers/lenders).
- Acts as an industry liaison with future technology advancements.
- Works with Directors and Program Leaders to coordinate Advisory Committee meetings that includes industry, and other relevant associations to collect information about training needs; set and achieve college and industry workforce goals pertaining to education and training of students.
VISION & STRATEGIC PLANNING
- Implements the College’s annual strategic plan and demonstrates through long term and annual operational plans how the annual priorities will be achieved on campus.
- Champions cultural and organizational change within the College to implement the one-college vision.
- Implements programs and services that support the accomplishment of the College’s mission, the continuation of the College’s accreditation status, and meet the community needs.
- Creates a culture that embraces change readiness, high performance, teamwork, and increased individual and organizational productivity.
- Builds an agile organization to ensure successful execution of the College’s strategic plan.
TEACHING, LEARNING, & ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
- Works collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and staff to provide a supportive and rigorous teaching and learning environment from the classroom to an effective array of student support services.
- Ensures that all elements necessary for a quality teaching and learning environment are successfully implemented.
- Recommends strategies to meet the needs of a diverse community and student body.
- Works collaboratively across the College to align offerings and scheduling in order to promote greater student success and increased effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Coordinates with campus support services including Human Resources, Information Technology, Facilities Management, Safety, and Security to ensure a safe and positive learning environment.
- Creates developmental opportunities to offer professional and personal growth for campus stakeholders.
- Fosters a campus climate that is consistent with the College’s core values and promotes a college-wide approach.
- Creates open communication avenues throughout the campus and College.
- Champions the achievement of equity among diverse populations.
- Serves or chairs and supports participation in governing councils or committees as required.
- Works collaboratively with Provosts, officers of the Faculty Senate, Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Services, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Teaching and Learning, Associate Vice Chancellor for College Preparatory, and Vice Chancellor of Strategic Initiatives to ensure college-wide perspective while considering individual campus needs.
- Assures adherence to College policies and procedures and assumes compliance with rules, regulations, and laws of federal, state, and accrediting agencies.
FINANCE, TECHNOLOGY, & PLANNING
- Works collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and staff in campus planning in accordance with the College’s strategic plan and other college priorities.
- Serves as the campus liaison for the planning and development of new facilities, expansion, remodeling, and technology initiatives.
- Facilitates and supports the integration of technology into the culture of the College to enhance the teaching and learning process and student success and to streamline business processes.
- Supports the enrollment planning and scheduling process.
- Assists with the development of external funds and grants to support programs and projects.
- Develops and manages the campus budget in alignment with the College’s annual priorities and ensuring operational costs are in line with relevant budgetary controls.
- Coordinates all aspects of the budget development, allocation, and management processes for the campus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Leadership experience in campus operations role with managerial responsibility in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience in applying instructional technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical and non-technical academic programming.
- Knowledge of policy formulation and analysis methods to establish practical policies.
- Skills to maintain a fair and decisive leadership style with the ability to make independent judgments.
- Ability to develop and retain trusted relationships with other organizations and government agencies.
- Ability to effectively articulate to internal and external constituencies and stakeholders the education programs and services offered by SJC Generation Park.
- Skilled in initiating and stewarding external and internal relationships with potential clients and stakeholder groups.
- Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including skills to produce information that is appropriately presented and effectively received by target constituencies.
- Skilled in developing strong relationships with local and regional organizations and businesses, coupled with the ability to understand their needs with respect to educational programs.
- Committed to interacting and communicating with individuals and groups from diverse populations.
Salary Grade: 40
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req1869
Posting Close Date: 7/11/2019
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Earned doctorate from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in higher education.
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience in business development, marketing, or corporate relations.
- Demonstrated ability in developing, building, and maintaining mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Proven record of identifying and closing revenue generating opportunities.
- Proven track record of successful, performance-driven leadership.
- Experience in strategic planning and successful plan execution.
- Success in leading various levels of faculty and staff, information systems, and data in the decision-making process.
- Demonstrated commitment and experience with diverse populations.
- Experience with credit and non-credit programming.
- Budget preparation and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to generate, identify, and implement opportunities to improve current programs and/or operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical and non-technical academic programming.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills with the ability to establish personal and professional credibility with internal and external constituencies.
- Knowledge of higher education policies, principles, and organization.
- Results oriented and visionary qualities of a forward-thinking leader in an evolving environment.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial activities in the public or private sector.
- Valid driver’s license due to frequent travel.