F5 / Network Engineer
Job category: Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Summary: Lead the operations and management of a data center providing critical services to DoD customers. Lead the design and implementation of system enhancements utilizing Infrastructure as Code automation concepts across the complex implementation of networking, compute, storage and other components. Provide expert level configuration, operation and troubleshooting support for the VMWare vSphere and NSX virtualization infrastructure and NetAPP based storage. Create standardized data center design, implementation and operations documentation. Assist in the design of distributed global services, network design and end user access in both the virtual and physical space.
Collect, process, and present, network, systematic, performance, and other information and metrics to show automation improvements or degradation over time. Balance hybrid cloud distribution between private corporate infrastructure and public clouds. Work as part of a fast moving highly diverse team across multiple projects simultaneously.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement, operate and maintain a VMWare vShpere and NSX based virtualization infrastructure
- Implement, operate and maintain NetAPP storage
- Install and configure complex hardware and software components for DoD data centers.
- Lead a multi-faceted technical team for the production and fielding of the systems, and manage the scheduling, orchestration and validation while providing regular status to the customer.
- Establish processes and procedures for maintaining infrastructure configuration management across the enterprise to include automated system checks against the configuration managed baseline.
- Must be able to author and maintain scripts in a variety of languages.
- Must be skilled with Linux system management as well as Red Hat enterprise services such as OpenShift, Ansible Tower and Single Sign On
- Analyzes real world problems and implements solutions according to corporate guidelines and procedures, and industry best practices.
- Assures system stability, accessibility, and proper configuration of assigned technical systems and components.
- Must be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment and able to work with/manage a range of engineers holding a diverse set of skills at differing levels of experience.
- Be sensitive and flexible to the needs and requirements of the customer.
Additional Job Functions:
- Apply software centric DevOps functions to a large scale data center environment
- Identify, locate, resolve and repair problems proactively
- Document and present performance records and results.
- Document problems/issues via IT ticketing system/tracking log.
- Review and update all information security management system process and procedures (data/software).
- Recent proficient experience with VMWare vSphere and NSX products in a data center environment
- Recent experience with NetAPP storage devices
- Proficient in Ansible – Ansible is the primary automation tool to be used within this environment.
- Use scripting languages for automation, administration, data collection and reporting. This job requires the ability to write, test, debug, deploy, and sustain scripts.
- Ability to configuration manage, version control, and backup various scripts and work products created to execute and maintain the environment.
- Experience with Automation in a Virtual Environment (Preferred experience in VMWare and Linux, Openshift, Kubernetes).
- Ability to review and update all data center process and procedures, policies, and supporting infrastructure.
- Ability to audit and reporting of system and performance logs.
- Ability to respond professionally, effectively, and efficiently to service requests.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Ability to research and/or implement new technologies.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Professionally convey system-wide performance information routinely via tools such as PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Train others to perform similar design and administrative tasks.
- Interact with vendors/users/customers and developers to understand needs and operational requirements changes that will impact development and testing activities, examine any relevant change implementation, then report the changes to developers and testers welcoming feedback for future improvements.
- Ability to solve technical problems involving a variety of integrated software and hardware platforms.
Desired Beneficial Skills:
- It is desired that the applicant have a strong understanding of TCP/IP, switching technologies (Cisco Nexus (7k’s, 5k’s, 2k’s, 9k’s, Catalyst 4k’s, VLAN’s, STP, RSTP, VPC, VPC+, OTV, VXLAN, ), Routing technologies ( ASR, ISRG2, EIGRP, BGP, redistribution, summarization), IP (IPV4 & IPV6, NAT, ACL’s, DNS, DHCP), multicast protocols (PIM SM/DM/SSM,) QoS (AFx, EFx) Cisco IOS.
- Knowledge of F5 / BIG IP physical and virtual network devices
- Knowledge of or experience with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) or similar best practices and security guidelines.
- Ability to assist others with getting certifications, such as providing guidance, tutelage, sandboxes, or cooperation.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as computer science or information technology from an accredited college or university.
- Ten years of work experience preferred. Security+ and/or CISSP certifications are required, or must be completed within six months of hire.
Other Requirements: Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status and a Secret security clearance, with an ability to obtain a TS/SCI. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government’s Task Order.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job.
Cole Engineering Services, Inc. has been, and is fully committed to equal employment opportunity. Equal Employment Opportunity will remain a fundamental principle, where we seek to recruit the very best candidates. CESI actively seeks to recruit and does not discriminate in employment without regard to gender, race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status
Apply Here: https://www.Click2Apply.net/rw5tyt37bm7m6bh6