Facility Manager – Westminster Presbyterian Church Alexandria, Va
Job category: Facility Management
Job Type: Full Time
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church is looking for a team player to perform and lead all facility-related duties of the church and the on-site pre-school. The Facility Manager plans, organizes, leads and carries out the day-to-day work of all building service requirements. Oversees, coordinates and assists as necessary all work relative to custodial services, grounds, landscaping, and preventative maintenance activities for facilities, including the facilities-related maintenance and repairs and the grounds care necessary for maintaining a clean, safe environment. Participates in the development, recommendation, and administration of policies, procedures, and processes including emergency response plans. Responds to inquiries and requests for service. Responsible for the safety and security of the entire church, building and grounds, and pre-school.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of supervisory principles; facilities maintenance, grounds, and custodial principles and practices; contract management principles and practices
- Knowledge of operational and capital budgeting and procurement principles and practices; project management principles; and preventive maintenance principles and practices
- Knowledge of best practices to maintain mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Position maintains asset tracking database using industry best practices.
- Knowledge of best practices in supervising subordinate staff. Must demonstrate a high level of intercultural competence, an understanding of the diverse identities and cultures of the community and staff, and in developing and supporting inclusive communities.
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting construction plans, specifications, drawings, maps, and/or other related technical documents.
- Knowledge of managing vendor contracts, the bid process, design and develop program plans, and analyze processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Facility manager handles all security for the building and preschool which includes issuing security cards to appropriate personnel.
- The facility manager reports to the Director of Finance and Administration. The position is responsible for all facility-related duties of the church and other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and senior Church staff.
- Facility manager serves as liaison to the Building and Grounds committee and coordinates with the committee leadership on matters related to establishing priorities for the maintenance of the church’s infrastructure and the development and execution of the Building and Grounds budget.
- Knowledge of data-driven reporting and planning for budgeting; developing, recommending, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and workflow; utilizing computer technology used for communication, gathering and reporting data are needed.
- Position coordinates the space in regard to meetings held by staff and the community
- Knowledge of emergency evacuation best practices for the church membership and pre-school. Position coordinates with the Pre-School Director to run fire drill tests.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree/college coursework or trade school training and experience in facilities management, construction, and renovation are preferred. Two to three years or more experience as a supervisor is desired. Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered in lieu of degree. Facility Manager Certification is recommended. Audio-video and computer experience a plus.
Full time; flexible schedule. Core hours are 9AM to 4PM.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and requires some manual dexterity and good hand/eye coordination. Must possess valid driver’s license and pass a background check.
Business casual or appropriate work clothes depending on scheduled activities.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
We are happy to discuss our competitive compensation and generous benefit package with serious applicants. Benefits include medical, dental/vision; FSA participation; 403(b) plan; vacation and sick leave. Free parking.
All resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.